Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

MyLinks Database Version

(Page 1 of 5)
> >
Quote Reply
MyLinks Database Version
I've finished the database version of mylinks.

As it uses the database to store the links it needs some way of knowing who has what links saved in their favorites list so it requires users to register/login or just login if they are already registered.

Before I decide how I'm going to release it I was hoping some of you may just let me know the features you'd like.

Currently the plugin options allow admin to limit the total number of saved links per user (global...not per user as in a different limit per user) and set the spanning limit....eg....

Page: [<<] 1 2 3 [>>]

Any more ideas?
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] MyLinks Database Version In reply to
it would be great if there would be an option (admin) to display a "DELETE"-Button or Link next to /or under every link in the users favorites, so if this option is enabled, the user just have to click on the button/link to delete the link from his favorites list.

cheers,

Regards,
Manu

Shopping Portal Shop-Netz.de® | Partnerprogramme | Flugreisen & Billigflüge | KESTERMEDIA e.K. | European Affiliate Marketing Forum.

Last edited by:

ManuGermany: Mar 16, 2002, 8:22 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [ManuGermany] MyLinks Database Version In reply to
That is already there :)

The links in the favorites list use a different link.html file so it says "Delete It" next to all favorites :)
Quote Reply
a different link.html-file .... that's an extremly good solution!

my compliments !

cheers,

Regards,
Manu

Shopping Portal Shop-Netz.de® | Partnerprogramme | Flugreisen & Billigflüge | KESTERMEDIA e.K. | European Affiliate Marketing Forum.
Quote Reply
Hi

The current Mysql plug in if converted to a SQL database version is very good...

Nice work.. i am guesing..:)
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
1- It would be nice if the links can be categorized by the user.

2- share favorites between users.

3- the admin can add links to all users favorites :)
Quote Reply
Re: [Essam] MyLinks Database Version In reply to
>>
<<

Do you mean they should be able to create new categories and be able to move their favorites about from category to category or do you mean just group them by their category in the database?

>>
<<

Could you expand?

>>
<<

Hmmm that could be done I guess.

Last edited by:

Paul: Mar 17, 2002, 1:57 AM
Quote Reply
Paul,

A lot of sites are letting users publish what used to be "private" data. So, you can make your links file public, or private, like a wish-list -- or more like a top-10 thing.

What comes next, is reviews/ratings of the links lists. :)

Then, comes the ability to "hide" adult links from public view, etc.

It never ends <G>

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Hi Essam,

I've added the ability to be able to send "favorites" to yours friends list. You enter their username and the link gets added to their list. They get an email informing them of the addition to their list so they can delete it if they wish.
Quote Reply
Hi Paul,

To add to Essam's request of categorized links, it would be good if the stored links in the users' database could be grouped by category - for example, if the user has two links stored from a category called "cars", both links would appear together on their favorites page.

An admin option which allows the site owner to set the default sort value for the way the links are displayed. The default is probably by the Link ID or Title, but to be able to specify which field the links should be sorted by in the MyLinks admin would be handy.

Kind regards,
Amanda
Quote Reply
Re: [Evoken] MyLinks Database Version In reply to
Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions.

I'll add the grouping in (better get my thinking cap on for that Cool) . I will add the default sort order as an admin option too.

Last edited by:

Paul: Mar 17, 2002, 4:30 AM
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
>>
<<

Do you mean they should be able to create new categories and be able to move their favorites about from category to category or do you mean just group them by their category in the database?

>>
<<

Could you expand?

>>
<<

Hmmm that could be done I guess.
Of course, creating new categories will be a plus, as it is more flexible and useful for users. But the second would be ok also, if the first is not possible :)
Quote Reply
Attached is the MyLinks Database plugin.

It is a 3 day trial so you can see whether you like it or not before buying a license. The price is $40 and enables you to get free upgrades. You'll find info about how to purchase a license when the plugin expires, however if you really want to know (or want to pay immediately) just email mylinks@wiredon.net

I've added grouping so all favorites in the list are grouped by the category they reside in, in the database and it shows the linked category title at the top of every group of links.

I attached a screen shot to better explain what I mean.

I'll send an email to Alex to see if I can get it added to the GT server and let you know if/when it is uploaded.

Thanks.

(I have my fingers crossed that there are no major bugs Smile )

Last edited by:

Paul: Mar 19, 2002, 6:37 AM
Quote Reply
Ugh I always do that by accident. You'll have to wait until I find out if I can add it to GT's server before you download so I can keep track.

(Apart from katabd no doubt Wink )
Quote Reply
Hi paul

why me? is it Angelic or Pirate ?
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [katabd] MyLinks Database Version In reply to
I was kiddin', it's Angelic

I saw you "Downloading post attachment" just after I posted so assumed you'd beaten me before I could delete the plugin.

I don't mind if you got a copy :)
Quote Reply
Hi paul

I have just deleted the downloaded copy.. so I do not have it no more..

I swear I did..And I am gonna wait untill you release it in a controlled way..
But always a free gift copy from you is very welcome.. :)Wink
Regards
KaTaBd

Last edited by:

katabd: Mar 19, 2002, 11:39 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [katabd] MyLinks Database Version In reply to
You didn't have to do that but thanks Cool.

Last edited by:

Paul: Mar 19, 2002, 11:42 AM
Quote Reply
Are you classing this as an entirely new program or an upgrade to the cookie based version?

~ ERASER

Free JavaScripts @ Insight Eye
Quote Reply
Re: [Eraser] MyLinks Database Version In reply to
It is totally seperate although if anyone did make a donation for the cookie version then I'll knock that amount off the $40.

Last edited by:

Paul: Mar 19, 2002, 12:03 PM
Quote Reply
Good idea -- I'll be after my discount soon then Cool

~ ERASER

Free JavaScripts @ Insight Eye
Quote Reply
Have you got a demo of this? Like the idea -- would like to see it in action ...
Quote Reply
Re: [YoYoYoYo] MyLinks Database Version In reply to
I'll have a demo up in an hour or two.

I didn't hear back from Alex yesterday about adding the plugin to GT's server as by the look of all the announcements he was busy with other things.
Quote Reply
Here is the demo:

http://www.wiredon.net/.../page.cgi?g=&d=1

I've set the maximum at 10 and it spans at 2 per page.

Last edited by:

Paul: Mar 20, 2002, 4:19 AM
Quote Reply
Ok you can try out the plugin now by downloading from your admin page.

Thanks.
> >