Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Development, Plugins and Globals :

MyLinks Database Version

(Page 4 of 5)
> > > >
Quote Reply
Re: [katabd] MyLinks Database Version In reply to
Ok, I'll get that updated asap. Hopefully within the next hour or so but my stomach is starting to grumble :) (7pm here)
Quote Reply
Ok its updated.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] MyLinks Database Version In reply to
Thanks
On GT server as well?
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
Yup

Did you get my email?
Quote Reply
Yes I did..
But I am outside all day and I have no access to my website..
I am just reading my e-mail and GT on the go..
I will let you know tonight (sunday morning for you)
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
ok no problem.
Quote Reply
Hehe....I was bored so added some more options.

Users can now set a title for their list and change the font of the list Cool
Quote Reply
That sounds nice..
Are you storing those variables in the Users table or the mylinsk table?
Regards
KaTaBd

Quote Reply
Users table.

Last edited by:

Paul: Mar 23, 2002, 1:10 PM
Quote Reply
Fantastic plugin! Have just installed and will _definitely_ be paying for this one.

Have you considered adding the ability to let users add a set number of links that are *not* in the DB? a "Personal Links" category, persay?

I'm sure everyone has a feature request, but I think that would make this one perfect.

I'd gladly pay a bit more (ask for details) if you'd be interested in doing this - either as part of the plugin or as a custom job.

Awesome work!
Quote Reply
Re: [AMJones] MyLinks Database Version In reply to
Actually Paul

I think that letting users have the ability to modify their variables will give us - webmaster- the flexability to add a lot of features without yoru having to go throu the headache..

The one that AMjones mentioned can be done by adding a custom fields to the users table (URL1, Title1, URL2, Title2...) and giving users the ability to modify their profile..

and simply do <%if URL1%> and <%Title1%> statments in the public page ..

Again I think the users ability to modify their profile will give your plug in an extra powerfull cababilities...

And for the money issue you mentioned Your work does deserve the money...
Regards
KaTaBd

Last edited by:

katabd: Mar 23, 2002, 7:49 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [AMJones] MyLinks Database Version In reply to
>>
Have you considered adding the ability to let users add a set number of links that are *not* in the DB? a "Personal Links" category, persay?
<<

Hi, nice idea. How should they do it? ....should there just be a form like add.cgi ?

In response to katabd's post, I think rather than using the users table a seperate table should be used for personal links. Ideally I'd want to use the Links table but then the links would start showing in the main directory.

Hmm I'll have to think about this. I think it should be kept fairly simple in any case and just have fields for title, url and description. I reckon that shouldn't be too hard.

Last edited by:

Paul: Mar 24, 2002, 2:24 AM
Quote Reply
Hokay, I'm too good to you lot.

I've added the ability to add custom links to the database. It allows a title/url/description and an add date is automatically inserted. It uses the same font that the list owner sets for the normal favorites list or the default if none is selected, it will also order by whatever the list owner sets as the order field but will default to Title if an option is selected that can't be used for the custom list (ie not Title/URL/Description)....so if the owner sorts the main list by isNew it will default to Title as isNew isn't available in the custom list table.

It is up on the demo at: http://www.wiredon.net/...in/lsql/page.cgi?d=1

Just log into your account and you'll see the new option.

Its up on GT's server.

I'll have to be mean and say any more features requested on top of what exists will result in a price increase as even now I think $40 is a serious bargain for what you get. Hope that doesn't seem too harsh.

Last edited by:

Paul: Mar 24, 2002, 5:46 AM
Quote Reply
MyLinks Database Error In reply to
I'm getting an internal service error when I try to save a favorite?

Any ideas

Michael

www.adultdvdlinks.com

Michael Carpenter

Adult DVD Links
Adult Detective
Quote Reply
Re: [adultdvdlinks] MyLinks Database Error In reply to
Could you check your error log and paste the error into a post.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] MyLinks Database Error In reply to
Undefined subroutine &Links::init called at /home/dvdlin/cgi-bin/linksSQL/mylinks.cgi line 20.
[Sun Mar 24 09:25:21 2002] [error] [client 66.32.19.190] Premature end of script headers: /home/dvdlin/cgi-bin/linksSQL/mylinks.cgi
Undefined subroutine &Links::init called at /home/dvdlin/cgi-bin/linksSQL/mylinks.cgi line 20.
[Sun Mar 24 09:37:32 2002] [error] [client 66.32.19.190] Premature end of script headers: /home/dvdlin/cgi-bin/linksSQL/mylinks.cgi

Michael Carpenter

Adult DVD Links
Adult Detective
Quote Reply
Are you using 2.0.5?

It requires some changes to work with anything less than 2.1.0

Last edited by:

Paul: Mar 24, 2002, 10:02 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] MyLinks Database Error In reply to
Oh, I'm using 2.04 . I guess I need to upgrade my version.

Michael Carpenter

Adult DVD Links
Adult Detective
Quote Reply
Yeah that would be best.

If worst comes to the worst I can make a few changes that will allow it to work with < 2.1.0
Quote Reply
So nice and well done ..
I will be updating my site tonight.. and will start offering it ASAP..
No more features request for now.. at least not from me..
Wink
Regards
KaTaBd

Quote Reply
When you've customized the design (if you are doing) I'd love to see it :)
Quote Reply
I just uninstalled my previous version and went to install the newest one and got this error:

Error running installation code: Plugins::MyLinks_DB (27025): Unable to create: Could not create table 'lsql_MyLinks'. Reason: It already exists at /home/*****/public_html/cgi-bin/admin/GT/Plugins/Manager.pm line 247.

What do I do to get this fixed??? I performed the full uninstall before hand.

Thanks for your help.
Perl Hopefull
Quote Reply
Re: [stilton] MyLinks Database Version In reply to
When you uninstall the plugin it should remove that table ready for the next install.....hmm

You can fix the problem by dropping the MyLinks table using mysqlman. You may want to make sure MyLinks_Rating and MyLinks_Custom were dropped too.

Last edited by:

Paul: Mar 25, 2002, 3:56 AM
Quote Reply
Thanks Paul, it worked perfectly after that. I had another question too...was there a way to stop it from listing links twice because of multiple categories?
Perl Hopefull
Quote Reply
Re: [stilton] MyLinks Database Version In reply to
Hi,

Oops, I forgot about that.

I can tell you what you need to do or send you the altered plugin. What would you prefer?
> > > >