Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

A war against Iraq?

(Page 16 of 18)
> > > >

Re: [ArmyAirForces] A war against Iraq? In reply to
Quote:
You are ready now to say categorically that there are no WMD?

I never said that. I only said that I don't really belive it at the moment. I also said that the Bush-Administration say that they can prof that he has WMD's but never did until today.

Quote:

The UN had 12 years to address the Iraq issue, and its solution was to walk away in the late-1990s content to administer the Oil for Food program. Given a final chance, the UN offered the pretext of resolve, but Saddam knew the UN would fail from within and he acted accordingly.

You're right and I agree. But I don't agree that the consequence of this should be to ignore democratic decisions (UN) and start a war on a non-legal basis.

I think there were made lots of diplomatic mistakes by all countries from the beginning.

Regards,
Manu

Shopping Portal Shop-Netz.de® | Partnerprogramme | Flugreisen & Billigflüge | KESTERMEDIA e.K. | European Affiliate Marketing Forum.

Re: [ManuGermany] A war against Iraq? In reply to
Quote:
Bush-Administration say that they can prof that he has WMD's but never did until today.

I must have missed that - what did they say?

Quote:
Warriors from nearly all nations around Iraq are going to Iraq to help the Iraq-Army by blowing themself up hoping to kill as many american and british soldiers as they can.

Yet somehow those buses full of idiots aren't making it to Baghdad...I wonder why that might be?

Big surprise, people in the Middle East who hate the US will hate us even more. Let them consider what happened to the vaunted Republican Guard, or the Taliban, or those people full of hate sitting in Gitmo.

As to Bin Laden, he's not leading any parades through Afghanistan these days is he?

Last edited by:

ArmyAirForces: Apr 3, 2003, 9:08 AM

Quote:
You're right and I agree. But I don't agree that the consequence of this should be to ignore democratic decisions (UN) and start a war on a non-legal basis.

Remember the 1991 Gulf War. The action is legal under UN Resolutions 678 and 687 which are still in effect. That is the US position.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/...cid=716&ncid=716

Oh dear, the Iraqi Information Minister (I think that's who it is) has just given a live press conference and said:

"The US troops at Saddam International Airport have been crushed"

He said that Iraqi's now fully control the airport and that they have been "pounding" US troops and that the US were only able to return "light" fire.

A building with at least 200 skeletons in has been found by troops. Most skulls have bullet holes in the head.

The truth of the regimes behaviour is being uncovered.

Last edited by:

Paul: Apr 5, 2003, 3:33 AM

Re: [Paul] A war against Iraq? In reply to
Just saw the footage of that. My initial thought was that I wondered if they might be bodies of some of the missing Kuwaitis from 1991?

What other reason would there be for storing them like that? Enemies of Saddam that he just liked to keep around?

Very odd.

>>>What other reason would there be for storing them like that? Enemies of Saddam that he just liked to keep around? <<<

Maybe it helped him sleep at night? Unsure A very weird (yet clever) man!

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!

Re: [Andy] A war against Iraq? In reply to
Apparently the Iraqis are saying they are remains recently returned by Iran. That's feasible, but time will tell. Of course if that was from the Iraqi Minister Information, who knows what they really are. That guy would insist the earth was flat given half the chance.

I'm confused. Surely the Minister of Information, as part of Saddam's regime, is a military target - why has he not been dealt with - he's been in public enough times.

Last edited by:

Paul: Apr 5, 2003, 2:33 PM

I would say he's not that high on the priority list. And there's always the problem of the international media being so close to him. He may even be staying in the hotel with them.

Besides, a little comic relief in the midst of war is always appreciated.

Re those 200+ dead bodies. The BBC says there's a gruesome torture chamber right next door and a catalog of all the dead depicting their mutilations.

From what I'm reading out of northern Iraq, I wonder if those responsible will even be given the luxury of a trial?

Without a lot of US/UK boots on the ground, a blood bath may not be preventable. Retribution against Saddam's regime is uppermost on many Iraqi minds.

http://de.geocities.com/...003/new4/page_01.htm

Do u really think this war makes any sense! All this clds killed and insured by American weapons, so many died civilians.

Cluster Bombing and no WMD

cu ben

Re: [ben11] A war against Iraq? In reply to
You have been sucked in big style =)

Let's take the Iraqi information minister as an example. He claimed Iraqi troops had "crushed" US troops at Baghdad airport and they had re-claimed the airport and they were pounding the troops with heavy fire. Yet moments before he said that, Sky News had a live broadcast from the airport where US troops were in full control.

The guy doesn't know his ass from his face. The Iraqi goverment are spinning lies left right and center. They are probably going round Iraq torturing people themselves, taking pictures and blaming in on the coalition.

Strrrrrrrrrrrrrike 1...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/...cid=540&ncid=716

Strike's 2 and 3 seem to be coming very fast.

Basra is British hands, large sections of Baghdad in US hands. Brave Iraqis all over beginning to realize their long nightmare is over.

Also reports of WMD evidence found and key Iraqi personnel in coalition hands.

Further there are reports of popular uprisings in Baghdad, "Baghdad residents killing Fedayene" according to the Kuwaiti News Agency.

But you have to love the Information Minister, "there are no US soldiers in Baghdad", while just a few miles away an Abrams tank blows Saddam's statue at the parade grounds to smithereens.

The Iraqi Information Minister pisses me off and makes me laugh at the same time.

He's a blatant liar but actually thinks people are believing what he says. The Americans have said that his speeches are not even seen by Iraqi's - they are broadcast world-wide but the Iraqi's aren't seeing them.

It cracks me up when he says the Iraqi's are pounding US troops and they have all nearly been wiped out and then you see live pictures from inside Saddam's palaces with soldiers laying about on the grass Wink

comedy relief Paul :-) What gets me the most, was the reference to "Wag the Dog" he made during a speach last week.

Appearently "Chemical Ali" (Saddam's cousin) has been confirmed dead, btw.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.

That guy certainly is comic relief. I kept hoping that during his little outside press conference that a plane would swoop down low over the building or a tank would roll by in the background! Wink

Interesting report out of Washington, something to the effect that US forces were looking for forensic evidence of Saddam. Like what the British were doing searching for Chemical Ali's body in Basra, or at least that's my impression.

Last edited by:

ArmyAirForces: Apr 7, 2003, 9:28 AM

Quote:
Also reports of WMD evidence found and key Iraqi personnel in coalition hands.

Initial tests are showing traces of sarin amongst other nerve agents.

An organophosphate pesticide is essentially a nerve agent. That could create false positives.

However, if you can produce the peaceful pesticide - you can produce the weapon versions also. And if you hide your weaponized versions as pesticides, well that just makes it more interesting.

Re: [] A war against Iraq? In reply to
Just to remind the pro-war supporters here, that we are still waiting for justification and evidence of weapons of mass destruction.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/...politics/2953830.stm

- wil

Re: [Wil] A war against Iraq? In reply to
The americans found weapons of mass destruction lately, actually! It's true. But the deal was that they found it in Maryland, 5 miles from Washington DC - and then the american newspapers went silent...

Re: [Wil] A war against Iraq? In reply to
They found the mobile labs. I expect they'll find the rest and what was done with in good time.

Certainly none of the dire predictions from the 'anti-war' crowd have come true.

However, I'm willing to find common ground with the anti-war folks - if they'll just stop taking their clothes off. Come on, do out-of-shape protestors really need to strip sell their argument? I think we could all agree that taking their clothes off makes the argument valid.

Besides, they can't loot shops very effectively in the buff, and breaking shop glass could be very hazardous to their health.
> > > >