Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

short/long display

Quote Reply
short/long display
I've combined the format from the original html.pl with the short/long display and have it working...except for:

(1) The short display isn't showing up in the table format I set up in the sub html_record. (starts around line 216)

(2) The short display is underlining all fields after the $long_url. The correct field links to the long display - the rest of the fields don't link to the long display, they're just underlined and I can't see from what!

(3)I inserted a <HR> on line 265 for in between the records and have <td align=left> in the table but it shows up about the middle of the screen.

(4) The long display isn't displaying ANYthing except for the next/previous/short display links. Also, I've tried to get the 'Your search returned x matches' and those links centered, but they won't budge from the left margin.

Any suggestions? (It's saved as html_pl.txt at www.amix.com/dbman)
Quote Reply
Re: short/long display In reply to
I substituted the sub html_record from the short/long version in the original html.pl so I could keep the table format from the original version.

When I try it the other way - inserting the <table bgcolor="#FFFFFF" cellpadding=5 cellspacing=3 width=425 valign=top>
<tr><td colspan=2 bgcolor="black"><FONT FACE="verdana,arial,helvetica" size=1 COLOR="#FFFFFF"><b>$html_title: <font color="#6FCBFF">S E A R C H F A I L E D</b></td></tr>

after the print qq| for the top of the display, I get all kinds of error messages pointing to the lines where the I inserted the <table...>'s.

Is there a way to use the formatting I had with the original html.pl or do I have to give up on that idea?
Quote Reply
Did you use the full "short/long" display file as a replacement to the html.pl file? It doesn't look like you did.

There's a lot of formatting within the script that is necessary and not real obvious, which is why I created an entire script instead of just replacements for a few subroutines.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
I'll look at your html.pl file again and see if I can figure out what changes need to be made. This may take me a while.

------------------
JPD

Quote Reply
You really need to use the full short/long display mod file. There is much more coding than just the two display subroutines in order to make this work.

If you have trouble with the "top" and "bottom" subroutines, I can help you with those.

------------------
JPD