Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : MySQLMan :

Connect Problem

Quote Reply
Connect Problem
Hi Alex.....

I'm installing msqlman for the first time....
when I run mysql.cgi I get the following fatal error......

DEBUG
==========================================
Error Message : fatal undef error: GT_Template (22255): Unable to open template file '/templates/database.html'. Reason: File does not exist. at html.pl line 45

BUT the file does exist......

I 'm installing Mysqlman on my virtual server, but my Mysql database is not located within my virtual server root directory...it is setup via my server control panel...I set up a Mysql database with all permissions granted.
I believe I'm getting this error because mysqlman is looking for Mysql Database and can't locate it....
I consulted with my server and they indicated I need the following two lines of code to connect....
I included this completed code near the top of mysql.cfg and mysql.cgi....
however, I'm still geting the fatal error message....can you asist....your input would be appreciated....thanks Rob

Mysql->connect('localhost','DATABASENAME','USERNAME','USERPASSWORD');
use Mysql;

Quote Reply
Re: Connect Problem In reply to
Actually...it cannot locate the TEMPLATE file, which means that you did not properly define the paths where your template files, PM, and cgi scripts for MySQL are located in the mysql.cfg.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Hi Eliot....
thanks for the feedback...you are right....I reconfigured and the script loads database list ok,
I logged on and registered my User ID and Password but I get another fatal error when i try to access the database ... got any ideas about this one???? thanks Rob
Error Message : fatal undef error: Can't locate object method "default_user" via package "DBI::dr" at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/sun4-solaris/DBI.pm line 377.

Quote Reply
You need to put your exact MySQL username and password correctly in the mysql.cfg file.

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Hi Eliot...
I have incuded required Username and Password in the mysql.cfg using the following format...

Mysql->connect('localhost','DATABASENAME','USERNAME','USERPASSWORD');
use Mysql;

Recorded 'USERNAME and USERPASSWORD in Mysqlman login...
still get the same Error Message...
Error Message : fatal undef error: Can't locate object method "default_user" via package "DBI::dr" at /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.005/sun4-solaris/DBI.pm line 377.

Mysqlman seems to be accessing the database ok, as it is listing it correctly when I first run the script...
any other suggestions??? thanks Rob

Quote Reply
You are missing the codes to edit in the mysql.cfg...look for the following codes:

Code:

demo_mode => 0,
demo_host => '',
demo_user => '',
demo_pass => '',
demo_db => '',

Put the correct values in-between the single quotes!

Regards,

Eliot Lee

Quote Reply
Hi Eliot....I appreciate your asistance....got the script working by using the direct connex script option....
I have a couple of questions for you as you have (I'm assuming) upgraded from DBman to the DBmansql version...now that I have Mysqlman working I will likely be upgrading shortly...If you have upgraded, how easy or difficult did you find the process? were you able to include many of the mods that have been developed for Dbman? also have you found the use of Mysql more stable (error free) that the flat database files....also if you are using Dmansql, whats you URL...I would like to see it in operation...thanks again for all the help... Rob

Quote Reply
Uh...actually, no. I have upgraded from Links 2.0 to Links SQL. And it would be best to post your DBMAN SQL inquiries in the DBMAN SQL Forum.

I did have a client about a year ago who I assisted with upgrading from DBMAN to DBMAN SQL, but I have to admit at that time, Alex did most of the upgrade for my client.

Regards,

Eliot Lee