Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

Suggestions & questions

(Page 3 of 3)
> >

Re: [ManuGermany] GT product expenses & Guests+PM features In reply to
Quote:
Sorry, but are you sure, that it makes sense to you going on to develop your site if you still make no money with it ??
GCom (and private messaging) helps to make a site more usable..but it don't gives you a license to print money!
Well, we could analyze and discuss marketing & business strategies, and that how can be possible to make money on the internet. IMO, this isn't the place where to discuss about that.

But I'll show you a short example, how it mostly works for Links based directories... The example below is only true for a part of websites. Those websites, which basically gives free service, but asks money for value increased services (link ranking, restricted areas, paid extra features, etc.)... And these websites are the most on the web...
My website belongs to this category. And IMO, most websites also belongs here, which are based on Links 2.0 or Links SQL... They mostly make money by providing value increased services...

There are several things you have to do, and which affects a website's life:
1) get the visitors to your site
2) keep the visitors & make them somehow to return
3) make the visitors to pay for something (services, products, etc.)

In that case, what you mention about GCom and Private Messaging, simply belongs to step 2).
Step 1 & 2, is prerequisite for step 3. And GCom and private messaging is needed for that.

Further details of my website strategy is not available for public. But the info I gave, should be enough for you, to see that the community tools, services like Private Messaging, Forum, Chat are necessary for a similar website, before they can make money. And yes, common login for services (what GCommunity does), also belongs to step 2.
Finally in step 3, the money-making tool, the PPC plugin (which can really start the money making on website), costs US$1500, which is incredibly much money for me to be able to invest into site.

BTW: the time, when the sites were able to make money with banner advertisements, it's over. Only the biggest sites are able to get ad income, or sometimes those sites which are grouped into ad networks. I participate in ad network, but unfortunately they can not get enough paid ads. That's the situation. The age of ads is over...

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...

Re: [webmaster33] GT product expenses & Guests+PM features In reply to
If the age of ads is over why do you have about 7 ads on the main page of your site (including 5 dead images I should add) Wink

Last edited by:

Paul: Feb 7, 2003, 4:22 AM

Re: [Paul] GT product expenses & Guests+PM features In reply to
Hehe. Yeah. Smile
Those ads are not making any money. They are banner exchange with other sites (making traffic for me), or are Commission Junction (CJ) banners, which made about hard US$20-$30 in a year. WOW, what a business to make money from ads... Cool
I replace CJ banners anytime with exchanged banners, without a teardrop...

But again, those ads are not making money, but instead brings traffic...

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...

Whats the point in them bringing traffic if you make no money from it?

You should fix the dead images though ;)

The point is to make first a popular site, then create value added services.
But first all the plugins needed for LSQL on my site should be finished.

No. Just checked and there are nor broken images, nor broken ads. Could you PM me the broken image URL, if you really see one?

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support

>>
if you really see one
<<

Are you implying I'm lying? Wink

Isn't that your add filter?

Ivan
-----
Iyengar Yoga Resources / GT Plugins

Paul, please remove my site attached screenshot! I told you send me as PM, not to put out to the forum!
Otherwise those banners are working, I told you.

And I DID NOT IMPLIED THAT YOU LIE!!!!!! Mad
I was very kind to you, so why you say, that I suggested that you lie???

Again, please remove the screenshot from the forum.
Also the posts #56, #57, #58 are far out of topic, so I recommend to also remove them.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support

Last edited by:

webmaster33: Feb 7, 2003, 6:35 AM

Re: [yogi] GT product expenses & Guests+PM features In reply to
Isn't what my add filter?

You really need to chill out Konrad. The images don't work for me as the screenshot proved.

Last edited by:

Paul: Feb 7, 2003, 7:00 AM

Re: [yogi] GT product expenses & Guests+PM features In reply to
Oh I see what you mean...no it isn't, it doesnt block images on webpages, plus it isn't installed.

Paul, please remove topics from #56 to #62. Are far away from the topic, contains personal things, which are not related to the topic in any way, so please remove them!

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support

Well firstly I can't remove them, but even if I could I wouldn't.

I don't see anything personal nor anything that needs removing?

If you get back on topic then we won't be off topic :)

Last edited by:

Paul: Feb 7, 2003, 7:11 AM

Probably you did set your browser not to display 3rd party images, from domains other than current one. That's why you don't see images. Otherwise I don't bother about it. It's my site, and I know the images works. I don't need to prove anything for you...
Ok. I will then contact Alex to remove offtopic posts...

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support

Do as you wish.

Last edited by:

Paul: Feb 7, 2003, 8:10 AM

Re: [webmaster33] Suggestions & questions In reply to
Seems everyone has a case of last-post'itis. I'm locking this thread.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
> >