Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

Importing users decline error

Quote Reply
Importing users decline error
Hello

We have tried to import the gforum user to community with the default options and we got:

Users were imported successfully.
    Imported: 0 user(s)
    Declined: 554 user(s)
      Any ideas why? and how to fix this.

Regards
    KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
    Quote Reply
    Re: [katabd] Importing users decline error In reply to
    Hi,

Were there any other errors or warnings, or was that it? Try it again and check your error log for any messages.

Cheers,

Alex
    --
    Gossamer Threads Inc.
    Quote Reply
    Re: [Alex] Importing users decline error In reply to
    Hello Alex

That wass it.. no other errors..
    I even tried enabling debug and nothig else showed up.
    Regards
    KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
    Quote Reply
    Re: [katabd] Importing users decline error In reply to
    I get the same error message:
    Users were imported successfully.
      Imported: 0 user(s)
      Declined: 481 user(s)

Nothing else, no error messages, nothing.

Any suggestions for this?
    Quote Reply
    Re: [kamidan] Importing users decline error In reply to
    Have a look at This Thread. It may help.
    Quote Reply
    Re: [MJB] Importing users decline error In reply to
    In Reply To:
    Have a look at This Thread. It may help.

Hi, yeah, I actually did search this time before asking and did read that thread. It says something about
    The declined users were saved to private/tmp/error_import

But I don't get any error message saying the declined users sere saved anywhere, and just in case, I looked through all of the protected directories for community to see if there was any sign of an error report file. But I haven't come across any error import or any other error file from community.

I'm using community with it's own database (it's still on the same localhost as my Links installation, but links is using a database named Data and the community is using a database called community. Would this have something to do with the problem of not importing the users from my links database?

Does it need to be on the same database that my Links installation is on?

Last edited by:

kamidan: Aug 21, 2006, 4:13 PM
    Quote Reply
    Re: [kamidan] Importing users decline error In reply to
    No, it doesn't have to be on the same database. I have 3 separate SQL databases for Links, Comm & Forum.

I take it you have the Auth_Community plug-in installed in Links. I know I had a few problems with mine to begin with but usually get an error log. I've had mine installed for some time now so I can't really remember what I did with it and to be perfectly honest I'm a little reluctant to start messing around with it again in case it all goes wrong. It can be a little temperamental.
    Quote Reply
    Re: [MJB] Importing users decline error In reply to
    Hmmmm, that may be where I went wrong. I seem to remember that I tried to install the plugin but community wasn't installed yet, so it gave me an error and I went to intall community first, then didnt go back to install the plugin before trying to import the users. I'll go try that and see what happens

Thanks,