Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

New installation question..

Quote Reply
New installation question..
Hello

We are trying to detemine if GT community is for us or not:

1- Can we still keep the custom fields we have in Links SQL users table? and how does the user edit them from community..?

2- The same question for the Forum?

3- will we still be able to use the custom field to build globals and templates?

Thanks for the help.
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
Re: [katabd] New installation question.. In reply to
Does anyone have the answer to these questions please?
Regards
KaTaBd

Users plug In - Multi Search And Remote Search plug in - WebRing plug in - Muslims Directory
Quote Reply
Can I suggest doing a test installation and then you will see what it can do? It won't affect your LSQL installations until you install the plugin on them.

Quote:
1- Can we still keep the custom fields we have in Links SQL users table? and how does the user edit them from community..?

You can customise the data fields and the user edits them through commmunity. You can also select which fields they can/cannot modify.

Quote:
2- The same question for the Forum?

Sorry, don't use forum.

Quote:
3- will we still be able to use the custom field to build globals and templates?

Globals & templates/template sets appear to work the same as in LSQL etc. I've just redesigned my templates to match my Beta3.x installation

Last edited by:

Alba: Apr 8, 2005, 11:40 AM
Quote Reply
Hi,

1. Gossamer Links doesn't have the ability for a user to edit their profile, where as Community does. So what I'd recommend is you move any profile information into Community, and that way the user can alter it at any time.

2. Same as above.

3. Yes, you can fetch the community profile by using a template tag, and then have access to all the related community information.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] New installation question.. In reply to
Hi

I do not seem to be able to download the community script..
I am not getting the download URL email..
Regards
KaTaBd

Quote Reply
Does anyone know how to get around that error?
When clicking submit the page reloads and nothing happens.

I have my email and name entered
Regards
KaTaBd