Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

Problems after install

Quote Reply
Problems after install
I installed filemanager everything went well or atleast it hought. i read the forum and can't find the answer to my problem. my problem is i can open the filemanager script and log in fine. it lists the files in my root directory just fine but the lower tool bar below the file list doesn't appear and it doesn't tell me file size like in the example. i've reinstalled the thing like 9 times. it's running on my personal web server which is running win 98 with deerfields website program version 3.1 only way i can get the upload dialogue to appear is to click prefferences the click upload. i can't delete any files any suggestions on what to try? i'm also running active state perl version 5.6.1 for windows thanx for any help
Quote Reply
Re: [DreamMaster] Problems after install In reply to
The images URL is probably incorrect, so you can change it in ConfigData.pm. Ensure that it must be outside cgi forder.

TheStone.

B.
Quote Reply
Re: [TheStone] Problems after install In reply to
my website is structured as follows:

cgi files C:\Program Files\Deerfield.com\website\cgi-bin

root for the website c:\My Website

images for fileman C:\My Website\images

private folder for fileman C:\My Website\private

so my image folder is outside of my cgi directory i can see the image at the top right and the folder pictures. it's just the lower toolbar is messed up. it just gave me a error on the page line 93 char 9 error 'cmd_do.value' is null or not a object code 0 and it's in fileman.cgi? fdo=cmd_main_display&def_load=1& any suggestions? i've tried all i know to do with the setup of the server thanx for anyhelp

Last edited by:

DreamMaster: Oct 30, 2002, 10:30 AM
Quote Reply
Can you send your server access info in private? I will have a closer look.

TheStone.

B.

Last edited by:

TheStone: Jul 16, 2003, 1:15 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [TheStone] Problems after install In reply to
E-mailed the info to yaSmile thanx for the help
Quote Reply
i double checked the images directory which is c:\My Website\images fileman.js is there and is 14 kb in size. my server has it set so that all ".js" files are linked to c:\windows\command\cscript.exe if i open /images/fileman.js it gives me a runtime error but the file is there i have reinstalled the fileman script atleast 9 times the file fileman.js stays the same size with the same runtime error could it be the exe file fileman.js is linked to? thanx for the help

Last edited by:

DreamMaster: Oct 30, 2002, 12:10 PM