Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Unix :

IT DOWNLOADS THE CGI! WHAT DO I DO?

Quote Reply
IT DOWNLOADS THE CGI! WHAT DO I DO?
Hi,

I have just installed the script links. WHen I was doing the last step, go to the admin.cgi, and when I entered the URL and pressed enter, a download poped up to download admin.cgi! I tried a couple of times and I even tried to go to another CGI, same thing, it starts downlding the script! I chmoded everything right and checked the perl on every cgi. Please tell me what else I can do to fix this problem, ANY help is apreciated! Thanx and I hope you can help me!
Smile

Sincerely,
George Kharabadze

[This message has been edited by helpmeplease (edited April 01, 2000).]
Quote Reply
Re: IT DOWNLOADS THE CGI! WHAT DO I DO? In reply to
I'm guessing you're using windows, right?

You've got an association to CGI files somewhere, as you've probably tried to open a CGI file with one of your applications in the past. When you click on a link to a CGI file windows tries to open it with that same application.

To get rid of the association, go to the Windows Explorer (File manager) and click on View -> Options, then click on the 'File Types' tab and you'll get a list of applications and the file types they are associated with.

Click on each one and look in the lower part of the window where it displays the file 'extentions' for associated files.

You're looking for CGI to appear in this section. When it does click on REMOVE to get rid of the association.

After you've done that, close your browser down, restart it, and try clicking on the link again. (You may need to reboot if it doesn't work straight away.)

If this method doesn't work, let me know, as there is another type of file association in WIN.INI and you may need to get rid of it there too.

All the best
Shaun

------------------
Shaun Hague
Webmaster - Qango.com
http://www.qango.com/central/
Quote Reply
Do you have access to run cgi? If so, are your permissions correct?

--mark
Quote Reply
I have answered your duplicate Topic. Please do not post duplicate Topics...simply add Replies to your original Topic. And give people more time to respond to your Topics than a few hours...

Wink

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
Former Handle: Eliot
* Check Resource Center
Quote Reply
Im not using windows, I am using UNIX. Thanx please help me out!