Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

looking for an up or parent category link on detailed page mod

Quote Reply
looking for an up or parent category link on detailed page mod
howdy Smile

been lookin all over the board but i cant seem to find what i need - basically i would like to have a link on my detailed page pointing to the parent category preferably the name of that category linked. right now i have my detailed pages coming after a category and a sub category (ie site.com/category/subcategory/detaledpage123.html - i know thats not the actual path of the detailed page, but that is the path the surfer has to take to get to the detailed page Wink) what i would like is a link that points to site.com/categoy.

i thought of just making href="<%category%>" but that would go to the subcategory so i need one less folder in the back link.

thought about making a new sub from a hack of build_title_linked but im not sure how to only do the one category off the main page instead of the whole breadcrumb navigation. and every now and again there is another subcategory between the root category and the detailed page (category/subcat/subcat/detail.html) but not always - is there some way of making this dynamic or will i just have to force it by putting in another field in the add link page?

any and all ideas would be helpful :)

Vote Stinky
Quote Reply
Re: [security_man] looking for an up or parent category link on detailed page mod In reply to
aw cmon guys! SOMEBODY has to have some way of doing this.

what if i ask... pretty please Sly

Vote Stinky