Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

help with links extended (will pay)

Quote Reply
help with links extended (will pay)
I purchased Links Extended from MyCgi a few months ago (before reading bad reviews here :( ). I have been pleased until now something has gone awry.

The problem is with the members control panel. There was one member who has input links but they would never show up in her control panel. I dug around in the member.db file and saw there was a space after her email address there so I fixed it and reuploaded. Now NONE of the members can see any links in their control panels.

PLEASE HELP! I will pay if necessary.

Thanks,
Tamitha
Quote Reply
Re: [tamitha] help with links extended (will pay) In reply to
The basic Links script does not have a 'member cobtrol panel' feature, so I doubt anyone here would be familiar with it. Have you asked at mycgi?

Leonard
aka PerlFlunkie
Quote Reply
Re: [PerlFlunkie] help with links extended (will pay) In reply to
Yes, I put in a support ticket, but given the feedback here about this company, I'm not holding my breath for a response.

I feel like anybody who knows the basic links code enough to customize stuff can probably help me here and I'm happy to pay.

Thanks,

Tamitha
Quote Reply
that program has been hacked to death... it would take a while for any of us to learn a practically a whole different script.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
Re: [fuzzy logic] help with links extended (will pay) In reply to
Maybe a more direct question will help:

When I uploaded the db file after making an edit is when it went completely haywire. I made the edit in notepad, but i'm wondering if somehow there was a problem related to that. I know there are times a server's db compiler changes which can cause problems like this. Any clarity on how to reupload the data in a form that can be free from this type of corruption?

Thanks,
Tamitha
Quote Reply
make sure you didn't upload the file in binary mode. that'll mess with the end of line disignations, etc.

Philip
------------------
Limecat is not pleased.
Quote Reply
I'd recommend the following:

1) Open the old db file in Excel
2) Edit the columns you need to
3) Export the Excel worksheet to a pipe-delimited text file, re-name the file as links.db and re-upload the new db file to your server

Also, search the Links 2.0 forums for "offline editing" for more hints and suggestions.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Just curious....does the Extended version use pipes or tabs as delimiters?

If the space that you removed was a tab and Extended uses tab delimiters, perhaps you could just replace that tab.

Cheers Smile

------------------------------------------