Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Send newsletter links only once, regardless of whether they are still "new"

Quote Reply
Send newsletter links only once, regardless of whether they are still "new"
I've seen this feature (the newsletter sending links only once, not just the "new" links) requested in the past, and it would really help me, but now I'm stuck half-way through implementation. I think that all that is necessary is to create a new variable to track whether each record has been sent. But I can't successfully modify any of the db procedures to change the DB to mark records as sent. If anyone can supply the necessary subroutine, I'd happily send you US$20 via paypal or personal check. I'm getting tired of playing with this. :)

I added the following to links.def

To my %db_def definitions:
NeedNewsletter => [21, 'alpha', -2, 5, 0, 'Yes', 'No|Yes']

[This creates a new hidden field that defaults to yes.]

To my fieldnumbers:
$db_neednewsletter = 21;

In one line in sub build_new_links in db_utils I changed the $db_isnew to the new variable:
if ($data[$db_neednewsletter] eq 'Yes') {

So I need a way -- at the end of mailing the newsletter, or as a separate option -- to go through the database and change all of the neednewsletter fields to No.

Can anyone help? thanks.

Peter
Quote Reply
Re: [peterw] Send newsletter links only once, regardless of whether they are still "new" In reply to
Updating that field/column (not variable) will be resource intensive with a flat file system. But it could be done. You might have better luck posting this paid request in the Custom Modification forum.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me