Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

search results template by keywords?

Quote Reply
search results template by keywords?
I am looking to set up the option to sell banner ads by keyword. I am wondering if there is a way to have different results templates files for the keywords that I sell?

for example, I search for the word "dog", the script could return the results using the "dogsearchresults.html template" in which I could specify specific advertising in.

I hope this makes sense, It's been a long night. Maybe there is a simpler way to display banners by keywords? FYI, I am using CentralAD for my advertising.

Thanks for any feedback
Quote Reply
Re: search results template by keywords? In reply to
Did you check out the following Thread?

(Found this thread in less than a minute using exact word match and
the following keywords: target banner search.)

Smile

You can adapt the codes to work with the URI of your banner script.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
* Check Resource Center

Quote Reply
Thanks Eliot,

Just so you know I spent about 20 minutes looking and searching through the Links Mod forum Smile Show off Wink I must not have been using the correct keywords for my search, because the Max 50 results, didnt show that thread.

I posted my question to that thread, althought that thread was referring to Webadverts and not using Templates, so it wasnt exactly what I was looking for, but on the same path.

Thanks again, I appreciate your assistance.
Quote Reply
You can convert the variable codes to work with templates...and I would suggest not creating different templates for the search results...but just have targeted banners for keywords inputed.

BTW: The results I came up with there were only 12 or 13 Threads in the Search Results.

Wink

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
* Check Resource Center