Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

How to increse height of Related: in Admin?

Quote Reply
How to increse height of Related: in Admin?
Where can I increase the height of the Related: section displayed in Admin under Modify or Create Category.

I know that I can scroll and Ctrl+select, but I have multiple related categories for each category, and I would like to have this textarea display with a height of 10-20 vs. 3 rows. I don't see this in either admin.pl or admin_html however ??? Where is this textarea sized?

[What would be really cool (but I think too difficult) would be to have Links generate checkboxes and corresponding <category clean> titles for each category under the related section so you could check them off and see them easily (in admin).]

[This message has been edited by JJC (edited February 18, 2000).]
Quote Reply
Re: How to increse height of Related: in Admin? In reply to
Look in your db_utils.pl (which has the various sub-routines for the processes in the admin.cgi file and other cgi scripts used in links.).

Look at the sub build_html_record_form routine. Find the following codes:

Code:
"MULTIPLE SIZE=5"

Change 5 to whatever number you want, like 20.

In terms of the checkbox...it can be done with some tweaking of the db.pl file, and also the admin_html.pl file.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
* Check Resource Center

[This message has been edited by AnthroRules (edited February 19, 2000).]
Quote Reply
Thanks Eliot!

I didn't think to look outside the admin pl's! Just in case anyone reads this later, it is in db_utils.pl The switch from 3 to 20 is great!

Thanks again.
Quote Reply
You're welcome.

Thanks for pointing out the oversight...I did edit my Reply to reflect the correct file.

It does get a bit confusing since I use heavily modded versions of DBMAN, UBB, and LINKS, not to mention tons of custom scripts that I have installed in my site (over 20 at least) and other sites/projects.

Wink

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee....
* Check Resource Center