Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Review.php

Quote Reply
Review.php
Hey all,

I am making a review script for Links written in PHP and using MySQL. While it will be made for Links SQL - I am more then happy to release it for Links 2.0, with less features (cause I don't use Links 2.0 anymore, so it won't interact with Links 2.0 at all - none of Links 2.0 will be changed except the templates where you'll need to Link to it...).

Is anyone here interested in using it? There will be no administration for Links 2.0, so you can't delete reviews etc, cause the admin side of Links SQL and Links 2.0 is different.

You also won't be able to validate the reviews, they are added as soon as the user hits submit (and show dynamically so you don't even need to build the database Wink).

If you are interested in it, just pop a message in here, cause right now - all the code that you fellas would need is almost done...

BTW - The one widgetz has made in Perl for Links 2.0 is better then the one I made in the admin features, this one is SQL though, so it can handle *alot* more reviews.

Its free of course Smile

------------------
Michael Bray
Review your webhost or find a new one.
www.webhostarea.com
Links SQL User
------------------

Quote Reply
Re: Review.php In reply to
If there's a certain limit to Widgetz' Review script, maybe one could put the both together using advantages of them both. It's worth a try. And the review-mod is one of the few my Links is still missing...

Would you post the codes?
Thanks
Denis

------------------
Quote Reply
Would be interested in testing it out... BTW has anyone already reached a practical limit in how much Widgetz' review.cgi can handle?
------------------
The Immuatable Order of Modding
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
1. Read the FAQ, 2. Search the board, 2a. Search the board again, 3. ask the question, 4. back-up, 5. experiment, 6. rephrase question (or better yet, post solution to original question)

[This message has been edited by oldmoney (edited March 31, 2000).]
Quote Reply
I'll post the code around Saturday or something to everyone here I guess. I just want to make sure it works before releasing it Smile

------------------
Michael Bray
www.webhostarea.com
Links SQL User
------------------

Quote Reply
I would definitely be interested
Quote Reply
umm.. review1.cgi could handle like 50,000 or so reviews..

------------------
Jerry Su
Links SQL User
------------------
Quote Reply

Yeah well -> I guess people can just keep using yours, I am wanting a SQL one, It'll be faster (being SQL). It'll have a decent user database side to it...

I donno Smile -> Your ones pretty good, the admin features of mine won't be as good.

------------------
Michael Bray
www.webhostarea.com
Links SQL User
------------------