Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Customization :

Display random link on main page

Quote Reply
Display random link on main page
I want to have like a little table on my main home.html page displaying a random link.

it should display the link title, added, hits, and votes.

i don't want it linking TO a random link, but it to actually display the info OF a random link, then let the user click to go to the site.

Quote Reply
Re: Display random link on main page In reply to
how can i accomplish this?

Quote Reply
Combine the rand codes in the jump.cgi script with the Last Link Mod listed in the Resources section.

AND P-L-E-A-S-E be more patient! Posting a reply to your original Thread within four minutes is annoying and not appropriate. Give other users more time to respond to your thread.

Thank you!

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
1) You did not help me in any way whatsoever, remember, we are all idiots. If we knew this stuff, we wouldn't be asking

2) Not everyone is as smart as you, so don't be such an (Post Edited by PaulWilson)
3) I posted the second thing because I didn't think I had asked a question in the previous post.

Now please, I respect you and how much you know, just don't act like you know everything and we're the morons, even if that may be the case.

Please help me a little more on this one. I have absolutely no idea what the 'rand codes' and 'last link mod' or whatever are. Please explain here, I may have missed it somewhere else.

Thank you,
shock

Quote Reply
Firstly, Eliot provided an answer he thought would help you, otherwise he wouldn't have posted the message.

If you felt you hadn't expressed yourself properly then you should have edited your original post.

In future please watch your language also. How can you talk to someone like that and them expect them to come back and help you?

Installs:http://wiredon.net/gt
FAQ:http://www.perlmad.com

Quote Reply
Well, I certainly understood what you were asking in the first Thread, which I did reply to, and when I saw that you posted a reply in four minutes, I wanted to point out that was not appropriate...just stating the truth.

And if you wanted to clarify your POST, then you should've EDITED it rather than adding a useless REPLY to your original POST. Click on the Edit button to edit your posts.

1) Do you even know where the Resources section is??? Click on the Resources link at the top of the forum web page. Then type in LastLink in the search box in the Resources section. If you don't want to take the time to do that, then click on the following link:

http://www.gotzespace.dk/...inksmod/lastlink.txt

2) Then install the Last Link Mod changing the my $LASTX = 5; variable to 1.

After you have completed installing this Mod, then we can help you with hacking the count codes ($i) with pulling a random link rather than the last link.

One step at a time....babysteps, especially for newbies like you...Wink

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
After you have completed installing this Mod, then we can help you with hacking the count codes ($i) with pulling a random link rather than the last link.
Hello,

1- I already installed the lastlink mod, but how to make it random ?

Please help and thank you.

Quote Reply
In Reply To:
Hello All,

Hmmm... i wonder why Eliot doesnt mark his word 'we can help you', somebody help me please ....

Quote Reply
Please help!!!!! [puzzled]