Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

Sendmail exited with an unknown exit status

Quote Reply
Sendmail exited with an unknown exit status
I have a completely fresh install of 3.2.0 with all the updates even optional. (Templates have not been customized even.)

Sendmail exited with an unknown exit status: 16777215
All my paths are correct, I am able to use sendmail from other applications.

I did look at some old posts here, and yes my admin email address is correct.
It appears this issue was supposed to be fixed in like 2003, but this is a fresh install.

I am trying to move the search engine to a new address, I did do the update admin path from Gossamer site.
The site works except for sending email. I been working on this for a couple days now.

I started out trying to move the installation I was using. Then I did a completely 100% fresh install.
Thanks for any insight, I do appreciate your time.

Last edited by:

avery: Dec 30, 2006, 10:45 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [avery] Sendmail exited with an unknown exit status In reply to
Hi,

It seems that your hosting does not support sendmail but smtp. Please just check with your hosting provider for this. I have work on a server and got a similar error and I changed the Email setup to smtp as "localhost" and its worked fine.

Hope this helps and Happy New Year!

Cheers,

Dat

Programming and creating plugins and templates
Blog
Quote Reply
Re: [tandat] Sendmail exited with an unknown exit status In reply to
In Reply To:
Hi,

It seems that your hosting does not support sendmail but smtp. Please just check with your hosting provider for this. I have work on a server and got a similar error and I changed the Email setup to smtp as "localhost" and its worked fine.

Hope this helps and Happy New Year!

They support both, I spoke with them today about it. We ran a few other scripts like for instance, Mattie's Form and Topsites by Solution Scripts.
I'm not saying it can't be on their end, but I can say for sure they are using sendmail. They have a windows side as well, they do their regular Pop and SMTP through that machine. I did try the localhost though, and I still get this:
Code:
Unable to send mail: Unable to send email: SMTP: connect() failed. reason: Unable to connect: No route to host at /admin/Links/User/Add.pm line 75.

That is not the full path, I removed some of the path. I don't personally like posting paths, but I assure you; it is the correct path. I really appreciate your effort. Most likely it is the host some how though, I was using this same engine on my pervious host; so I am going to try another host as well.

Avery

Last edited by:

avery: Dec 30, 2006, 7:53 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [avery] Sendmail exited with an unknown exit status In reply to
So, your site is on wins or *nux?

Did you check the mail log?

Cheers,

Dat

Programming and creating plugins and templates
Blog
Quote Reply
Re: [tandat] Sendmail exited with an unknown exit status In reply to
In Reply To:
So, your site is on wins or *nux?

Did you check the mail log?

Linux, and this is one of the reasons I am actually changing hosts. My current host, the one I was trying to move to both don't give me access to the sendmail logs. Today I finally just gave in and went for a VPS, so we will see how that works out.

Thanks a ton,
Avery