Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Links : Discussions :

FatherID error

Quote Reply
FatherID error
I am trying to import two different .rdf files (blocks of the content.rdf - DMOZ) using the following command in telnet:./nph-import.cgi --import=RDF --source=/home/sites/site1/web/cgi-bin/directory/admin/colleges.rdf --destination=/home/sites/site1/web/cgi-bin/directory/admin/defs --rdf-category="Top/Reference/Education/Colleges_and_Universities" --rdf-destination="Education/Colleges and Universities/" --rdf-add-date="2001-01-01"

The first block works fine, but when I use the same command to import the second block:

./nph-import.cgi --import=RDF --source=/home/sites/site1/web/cgi-bin/directory/admin/early.rdf --destination=/home/sites/site1/web/cgi-bin/directory/admin/defs --rdf-category="Top/Reference/Education/Early_Childhood" --rdf-destination="Education/Early Childhood/" --rdf-add-date="2001-01-01"

I get the following error:

CRITICAL ERROR OCCURED: Execute: Column 'FatherID' cannot be null at /home/sites
/site1/web/cgi-bin/directory/admin/Links/Import/RDFS2.pm line 328

Any suggestions on what to do????

Thanks...

</not a clue>
Quote Reply
Re: [Dinky] FatherID error In reply to
Wow!

My very same error and I see that there has been no reply for almost 2 years.Frown

Here is my error message:

CRITICAL ERROR OCCURED: Execute: Column 'FatherID' cannot be null at /var/www/cgi-bin/netoh/admin/Links/Import/RDFS2.pm line 328

Obviously there is a null value in there somewhere. Problem is, it is at the very end of Top/World/Russian ... yes ... Russian. I'm looking at the characters on my screen now. I can't make sense of what is missing, as I can't read Russian.

Geesh, almost done, and then this. I was trying to avoid writing my own directory in Java and Python, but I may have to do it anyway, if these setbacks continue.

Yeah...just joking...obvious first step is to pick apart nph-import.cgi and write it in one of the above languages with more robust exception handling. It really is a shame that the whole import dies on one insert. I'd rather have the one kicked out and then continue, as an exception handler will do.
Quote Reply
Re: [takacsj] FatherID error In reply to
Was a fix ever found for this? Scanned the forums and the best thing I can find is to download new DMOZ dump... hasn't worked for me yet...

I'm having problems with World category AND with Kids_and_Teens category...

???

Thanks,

Paul
Quote Reply
Re: [pauls] FatherID error In reply to
Hi. That is normally down to the DMOZ dump not completing properly. Have you tried DMOZ_Wizard ? It cuts up the main RDF file for you, which makes it easier for the server to handle (and it seems to import the world category ok). There is a built in UTF8 conversion script with it too, which helps you change non-english charachters into readable (and searchable) format, such as á ú í ó etc.

Sorry I can't be of any more help... I don't know what else to suggest Frown

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!