Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
PPC Plugin Questions
hello,

There are currently 3 PPC Plugins available
one of GT itself, one of Ultranerds (Andy Newby) and one of mycgiscriptscom.

My questions are:

I have a credit purchased of $5.00
and add a bid of a link of $0.10 a click.

1. Does your plugins recalculate my credits after each click?
when my link is 20 times clicked, I have a credit of $3.00 left.

2. There are more than 50 clicks done, do i get an alert to update my credit? or are the bids removed.

3. is there an alert message, like: update your credits within 2 weeks or you clicks will be removed?

Probably You guys have information about this, but i can't find in the docs & demos.

Cheers,

Ridesworld
Quote Reply
Re: [ridesworld] PPC Plugin Questions In reply to
I have Andys old PPC plugin working on my site. It does a lot of the things you talk about.
Andy gave me a sneak preview of his new version on a working site - that was three days ago. It is possible that I may be the only person to see this in action. I do know it is brilliant - in every way - though I cannot recall for sure all the features. Andy will have to answer this. All I know is that I will get the plugin first to install it. I do a lot of first installs for Andy - because I am not a programmer. If I can make it work - so can anyone else.
As for the GT plugin, I cannot answer. The same applies to the other one.
There are some differences to be aware of between these plugins. I think GT's works on the search results. The original one from Andy only applied to who was at the top of a category. The other one and Andys new one I am not sure of. So check the specs and decide what you want.
Quote Reply
Hi. Please find the answers to your questions below. These are in regards to my NEW version of the Ace_PPC Plugin, which will hopefully be out today or tomorrow.

Quote:
1. Does your plugins recalculate my credits after each click?
when my link is 20 times clicked, I have a credit of $3.00 left.

My version tracks the hit itself (as well as IP tracking), the amount that they click cost the client; as well as deducting it from their account.

Quote:
2. There are more than 50 clicks done, do i get an alert to update my credit? or are the bids removed.

Currently, there is no feature that will do this.. but I'm going to add a feature which will send out an email notification when their account gets to $xx.

Quote:
3. is there an alert message, like: update your credits within 2 weeks or you clicks will be removed?

Once their credit has expired, their bid is removed. They then have to re-add their bids. I have built in a 'restore old bid' option too, so as soon as they have more credit in their account, they can just reactivate their bids.

Also, another cool thing about this plugin, is that you can choose from the following countries (only one can be used at a time);

Euro
GBP
USD
CAD

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Hello!

>I have a credit purchased of $5.00
>and add a bid of a link of $0.10 a click.

>1. Does your plugins recalculate my credits after >each click?
>when my link is 20 times clicked, I have a credit of >$3.00 left.
Yes, advertiser balance is updated in real-time. So - him can change bids, etc.

>2. There are more than 50 clicks done, do i get an
>alert to update my credit? or are the bids removed.
Yes. Bids will be automatically disabled (go out ppr listing) but not lost. Admin and Advertiser get email about it. After recharging account by advertisers - all ppr/ppc bids is reactivated immeditially.

>3. is there an alert message, like: update your
>credits within 2 weeks or you clicks will be
>removed?
When user have less credit than required for one click - all his bids is disabled automatically and script sending email about it to advertiser and admin.

Best Regards,
Alex

http://www.mycgiscripts.com/
Quote Reply
Re: [mycgiscriptscom] PPC Plugin Questions In reply to
Thank you Andy & mycgiscriptscom for your replies
It seems that both plugins are very advanced.
I didn't make a decision which plugin to purchase.

You make it very difficult for me.Wink

I just wait for the payment support of the next Links-SQL which could release very soon.
Are there any plans to make the plugins compatible for the new payment system?
Quote Reply
Quote:
I just wait for the payment support of the next Links-SQL which could release very soon.
Are there any plans to make the plugins compatible for the new payment system?

Ours almost has it integrated already ;) Its just a few perl modules which allow you to process payments (mine supports PayPal, Authorize.net and WorldPay now).

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Hello!

Sure. When LinksSQL 2.1.3 will be availble - we immeditially include new payment processors support to work with our LinksPPR plugin.

Also 2checkout and paypal payment processors support will be available in plugin in any case.

Best Regards,
Alex
http://www.mycgiscripts.com/linksppr/

Last edited by:

mycgiscriptscom: Apr 14, 2004, 3:22 AM
Quote Reply
Here are some questions that I have about the different PPC plugins: (I have tried the GT version and have had it heavily modified for me.)

1) Can you support a Pay-per-Day as opposed to Pay-per-Click system? That is: a user pays the bid amount daily for to keep his link in the order that it is in your listings. He can get unlimited (or zero) hits, he still pays a flat rate daily.

2) How does your plugin work with GCommunity? Smooth integration... extra registration?

Safe swoops
Sangiro
Quote Reply
Re: [sangiro] PPC Plugin Questions In reply to
Quote:
1) Can you support a Pay-per-Day as opposed to Pay-per-Click system? That is: a user pays the bid amount daily for to keep his link in the order that it is in your listings. He can get unlimited (or zero) hits, he still pays a flat rate daily.

Unfortunatly not. I *may* add this in... but it would be a lot of work, and I'm not sure how many people would use it.

Quote:
2) How does your plugin work with GCommunity? Smooth integration... extra registration?

Mine integrates with GComm just as you would with LinksSQL. i.e a user signs up via GComm, their profile is created in LinksSQL; they then log in at ppc_user.cgi, add credit to their account, and then put the appropriate bids for the links.

Cheers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Quote Reply
Re: [sangiro] PPC Plugin Questions In reply to
Hello!

>1) Can you support a Pay-per-Day as opposed to
>Pay-per-Click system? That is: a user pays the bid
>amount daily for to keep his link in the order that >it is in your listings. He can get unlimited (or zero)
>hits, he still pays a flat rate daily.

Sorry, this our plugin not for this purpose. It can be separated script - but based on most current functions of LinksPPR - if you need custom plugin.

>2) How does your plugin work with GCommunity?
>Smooth integration... extra registration?

Any(!) authorization plugins will be work with our LinksPPR plugin. When user register/login - it using current AUTH hooks of LinksSQL.

Even if you not using LinksSQL Users database in your AUTH hooks - our plugin will be work successfully. Only one requirement - to have user login at $USER->{Username}

Best Regards,
Alex

http://www.mycgiscripts.com/linksppr/

Last edited by:

mycgiscriptscom: Apr 14, 2004, 5:38 AM