Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Not a format reference at install.cgi line 5722?

Quote Reply
Not a format reference at install.cgi line 5722?
I have been trying to upgrade from 0.9.4 to the latest version. However right at the end of the upgrade I get the following error:

Could not alter column post_latest_poster: Can not open file '/home/fatcatz/public_html/forums/cgi-bin/forums/admin/defs/gforum_Post.def'. Reason: Permission deniedAdding column post_deleted_time to Post table...

Not a format reference at install.cgi line 5722

Checking the admin panel gForum still reports 0.9.4

Help

Gavin
Quote Reply
Re: [fatcatz] Not a format reference at install.cgi line 5722? In reply to
In Reply To:
Could not alter column post_latest_poster: Can not open file '/home/fatcatz/public_html/forums/cgi-bin/forums/admin/defs/gforum_Post.def'. Reason: Permission denied
That's a file permissions problem. The def files are (depending on your httpd configuration) created by the httpd, so usually are owned by whoever the httpd runs as. If you change the permissions on the def files so that the user that you're running the install.cgi has permission to write to the file, then that should fix up that problem.

In Reply To:
Not a format reference at install.cgi line 5722
Not sure what that problem is. I'll download and upgrade the install I have at home and see what happens.

Adrian
Quote Reply
Re: [brewt] Not a format reference at install.cgi line 5722? In reply to
Quote:
That's a file permissions problem.

Thanks, I have changed the permission of the file now and after running the upgrade I get the following problem, again right at the end:

Because of the number of upgraded files and database changes, this upgrade may take a long time. Please do not interrupt the upgrade process!
Setting blank default for post_latest_poster table...
Okay!
Adding column post_deleted_time to Post table...
Could not add column post_deleted_time: Failed to execute query: 'ALTER TABLE gforum_Post ADD post_deleted_time INT' Reason: Duplicate column name 'post_deleted_time'
Adding column post_unique_id to Post table...
Could not add column post_unique_id: Failed to execute query: 'ALTER TABLE gforum_Post ADD post_unique_id VARCHAR(32) NOT NULL DEFAULT ''' Reason: Duplicate column name 'post_unique_id'
Adding column user_last_seen to User table...
Could not add column user_last_seen: Failed to execute query: 'ALTER TABLE gforum_User ADD user_last_seen INT' Reason: Duplicate column name 'user_last_seen'
Adding column user_do_after_post to User table...
Could not add column user_do_after_post: Failed to execute query: 'ALTER TABLE gforum_User ADD user_do_after_post VARCHAR(255) NOT NULL DEFAULT 'post_confirm'' Reason: Duplicate column name 'user_do_after_post'
Adding column forum_last_id to Forum table...
Could not add column forum_last_id: Failed to execute query: 'ALTER TABLE gforum_Forum ADD forum_last_id INT unsigned ' Reason: Duplicate column name 'forum_last_id'
Updating last posts for all forums...
Okay!
Adding column forum_total_threads to Forum table...
Could not add column forum_total_threads: Failed to execute query: 'ALTER TABLE gforum_Forum ADD forum_total_threads INT unsigned ' Reason: Duplicate column name 'forum_total_threads'
Adding column post_thread_hot to Post table...
Could not add column post_thread_hot: Failed to execute query: 'ALTER TABLE gforum_Post ADD post_thread_hot TINYINT unsigned ' Reason: Duplicate column name 'post_thread_hot'
Recreating all indicies for Post table. This will take quite a long time if you have a large number of posts...
Dropping all indicies...
Error: Not a format reference at install.cgi line 5722.

Gavin
Quote Reply
Have you manually edited the def files? If so, then that could be one problem.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Hi,

The SQL errors are ok, as the upgrade had already done that the previous time.

The error is a bug on our part. Can you edit install.cgi line 5715 and change:

sub print {
# -------------------------------------------------------------------
# print wrapper for telnet install.
#
my ($self, $msg, $format) = @_;

to:

sub print {
# -------------------------------------------------------------------
# print wrapper for telnet install.
#
my ($self, $msg, $format) = @_;