Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Gossamer Forum : Discussion :

Print Thread

Quote Reply
Print Thread
Hi

Just thinking of a way to better the Print Thread feature. IMO, the output should be more "raw". No background colour tables at all! It should be in raw ascii text,and there should maybe a print window pop up automaticaly? you can do this with javascript I think to actually bring up the print properties window?

Cheers

- wil
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Print Thread In reply to
I agree...I think the more plain text, the better.

Like:

Quote:

Poster: Name
Date Posted: Date
Date Edited: Date
Message....

Of course, this is template-based, so editing the view for individual forums would be easy, but GT should consider editing their print view.

And, I would recommend having a Print Post option, especially for software support forums like this one...it would be better to print out one post that contains codes than having to scroll through a thread of posts to find the codes.

========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me

Last edited by:

Chewbaca: Nov 3, 2001, 7:25 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Print Thread In reply to
Do the colors print out on a color printer? We haven't tried that, but it looks nice on a laser printer. =)

The print button should be on their, we'll add it in.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Print Thread In reply to
Alex,

I did a print preview on my HP Deskjet Printer and it seems to look good...I can't actually print because my CPU is screwed up.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Print Thread In reply to
Hi Alex

Yeah, in work, the colors come out great on my color laser! But at home, on my InkJet it's not as much fun :-\. Takes quite a while for the printer to render the document and print.

Although I do believe that IE has some options to print without the background color and so forth.

Cheers

Wil

- wil