Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan SQL : Development, Plugins and Globals :

anybody see this error before?

Quote Reply
anybody see this error before?
GT::SQL::Table (31943): Configuration file 'cgi-bin/jobs/admin/defs/Jobs_Log.def' has been corrupted. Reason: Bad file descriptor at Dbsql::Home::auth_logging line 21. Im getting this error when a user tires to delete a record. Anybody have any idea why this is happening or how to fix it?ThanksHagai
Quote Reply
Re: [hagai] anybody see this error before? In reply to
It says: Jobs_Log.def' has been corrupted.

Check the file with a text editor, and look, if it has something missing... Usually the file end is missing.
Backup this corrupted file, and other def files in the def directory, then try to Resync the table.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] anybody see this error before? In reply to
Thanks for the suggestion, I tried that already. The def file looks to be complete.
Resyncing the database didnt help either.

On a side note, when i try to add a record, i get the same error.

Is there a way to rebuild/recreate these def files?
What is the purpose of Jobs_Log.def (Jobs is the name of my table)
(when i resynced the jobs database from admin panel the jobs.def file was modified with todays date, however the jobs_log.def did not)

any other possibilities?

Thanks

Hagai
Quote Reply
Re: [hagai] anybody see this error before? In reply to
Try to rename jobs_log.def to jobs_log.def.old, then do the ReSync.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] anybody see this error before? In reply to
nope that didnt help. But i did figure it out.

the ai field was not defined for some reason. After looking at Job.def and Job_Files.def i noticed that ai points to the ID field. So i just made ai point to user_id and it fixed the issue.

Thanks for all the help

Hagai