Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Installation :

HTML tags in databes not possible??

Quote Reply
HTML tags in databes not possible??
Hello,

Just a question. I use the DBMan script to store album reviews on my site. Therefore I created a database that contains normal input fields and a text area which contains the review. When I write the review I put a few html tags in it such as <B>, <P>, and <BR>. Basicly to get a better look when viewing the records. When adding a new review to the database it saves all the HTML tags. But when I modify a record I search for the ID number and the form displayed then does not show me the HTML tags. They are vanished. Is their a way around this. Or is the script automaticly removing HTML tags in some way for some reason.

Thanx for thinking with me,

Jeroen Roeper
http://www.tracksonline.com
Quote Reply
Re: HTML tags in databes not possible?? In reply to
Well I think my problem is solved on this one. When I use IE3 (at work) the problem occurs. At home (IE4) the html tags are nice in the textarea where they must be. So no problem after all. But I would like to know why IE3 removes the HTML tags from a textarea. oens't seem right to me but who am I after all,

Jeroen
Quote Reply
I don't have access to IE3, so I'll chalk it up to a bug with Microsoft. =)

It does seem really silly to parse html tags inside of a <textarea> block, but who knows. Pretty sure it's not script related though.

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
It's not that silly. I review independent albums from artists. The review is in one field of the DB. I need to format it a little bit to have it look OK. So I only use <BR>, <P>, <I>, <B>and so on tags in it.
This because all reviews are different, some short, some long.

All other formatting is done through the html file and is consistent for every record.

Check it out at http://www.tracksonline.com
Click reviews in the menu. With list all you can walk through every review.

Jeroen
Quote Reply
Sorry, I meant really silly of IE3 to parse the tags inside of the <textarea> block. =)

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
Oh, Sorry.