Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Quote Reply
Hello everyone,

I have mod I am trying to do, and despite Carol's wonerful help in the past (and a crash course in perl) I have been able to perform many small mods on my own, but this one is stumping me.

I am looking to use dbman as a sign up and tracking system. Here is the basic premise.

Here is the sign-up:

1. A user comes to sign up and is presnted with questions.
2. If user answers first 10 questions they pay $35.00 for sign up. If user answers all 20 questions, they pay $25.00 for membership.
3. Upon answering whichever number of questions they would like their order is processed via a merchant account (authorize.net).
4. The users recives on the following page a confirmation message and an ID #.
5. All information is written to the dbman database and will use the record added to db mod.

Here is the tracking part:

1. Upon confirmation and recieving the ID # a user can give a friend the ID # as a referral #.
2. For each friend that signs up and uses the # a field on the origonal purchasors record will log the number of times there ID # is used.
3. Once that number has reachd 10 an email will be sent to the site admin alerting them.
4. The site admin will then go back to admin area and reset the number of referrals.
5. At his point the site admin would refund the purchasors money (but that is manual).

So as you can see it is pretty detailed. Any advice on how to do it, orif anyone wishes to take on a pay or free project let me know.

Thank you very much,
Michael

Quote Reply
Re: Sign Up and Tracking Mod? In reply to
Michael,

Carol is not feeling well these days. I received an email from her a few days ago stating that she would hope to be back to the Forum by today or tomorrow. So, please be patient. I hope that she will be back soon. She would probably be the best person for assisting you with your mods.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Founder and Editor
Anthro TECH, L.L.C
http://www.anthrotech.com/
info@anthrotech.com
==========================
Coconino Community College
http://www.coco.cc.az.us/
Web Technology
Coordinator
elee@coco.cc.az.us
Quote Reply
Re: Sign Up and Tracking Mod? In reply to
Oh!!!

I did not know, I have not been to the forum in a several days. I saw your message though just now posted on another thread

Health is far more important than Perl. Thank you for the update Eliot.
Carol, all my best wishes to you for a speedy and healthy recovery. :-)

Thank you!!

Michael