Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Running DBman Local on Win98

Quote Reply
Running DBman Local on Win98
Is it possible to run dbman local on a machine with window 98. I have perl 5 on the machine but can't seem to get the database to run so that I can do the updates locally and upload them to the server. Instead of having to make changes dynamicly and cause havic with the uses as I have been doing.

------------------
Sherwin Sales@jse.net
Quote Reply
Re: Running DBman Local on Win98 In reply to
You need to install some web server software. Check www.download.com for something free, fast, easy to configure and small, like OmniHttpd. Install in the cgi-bin, and modify away ..!!
Quote Reply
You can also use the search here and search on the word xitami. I use xitami and active perl on my Win98 machine to test any mods I do to DBman before uploading them to my production server.

------------------
donm
All those who believe in psychokinesis, please raise my hand.

Quote Reply
A word of advice...Try using something that you have in the your "production" environment. If you are using Apache on your production server, then I would suggest downloading Apache for Windows and using that for your test environment. ActiveState's Perl package is the best for Windows operating systems.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
Thanks for the word of advice- however, I use Apache on our unix servers and Active Perl and xitami work just fine.

------------------
donm
All those who believe in psychokinesis, please raise Eliots' hand. (g)

Quote Reply
Thanks for all your guidance!

------------------
Sherwin Sales@jse.net