Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

change fontcolor after time

Quote Reply
change fontcolor after time
I need 3 modifikations for DBMAN:

1.) DBMAN has some urlīs as content. If the user click on a link, the datefield should be set to the date from today.

SO the user can see, on which date he have last visited the link.

2.) Then - I need different fontcolor on the entrees (links): e.g. blue for 3 days, yellow for one week and red for one mounth the user have visited the links at last.

3.) I need a counter that show the user, how ofter he has clickt (visited) a link.

Hope for help

Kai
Quote Reply
Re: change fontcolor after time In reply to
Fine i try the mod for the colors...following the 1. question:

to 1.) this is for the mod. with the colors: i need to do this:

e.g. an user have an entry: http://www.microsoft.com
If he use the link to browse microsoft today, the datefield in DBMAN (the Date of adding the URL) should be updated to the date of today. So i know the link is used <3day and i can set the color of the link to blue (under 3 days) - [your mod] - hope you understand my english.

Kai
Quote Reply
Re: change fontcolor after time In reply to
Here are some thoughts and comments:

1) I don't know how you want to use this. This can be done in different methods. Please be more specific.

2) Follow these instructions:

a) Create the following variables in the default.cfg file:

Code:
$link1 = 'font color="ff0000"';
$link2 = 'font color="ffffcc"';
$link3 = 'font color="0000ff"';

b) In your sub html_record and/or sub html_record_long routines in the html.pl file, add the following codes:

Code:
if ($rec{'AddDate'} == "3") {
<$link1>
HTML CODES
</font>
}
if ($rec{'AddDate'} == "7") {
<$link2>
HTML CODES
</font>
}
if ($rec{'AddDate'} == "30") {
<$link3>
HTML CODES
</font>
}

Of course, I would need to work on the date values in order for this to work. So, please be more specific about your first request.

3) This has been talked about and developed in this Forum, however, there is not a stable hit counter for DBMAN at this time. I would recommend searching this Forum for "counter", and see if you can find Threads that discusses this request.

Later.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------