Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Confused about the term id , userid

Quote Reply
Confused about the term id , userid
Hi , i nearly successfully setup relational mod for the short and long display mod. But, now i'm confused about the
term "ID" "UserID"

ID = a counter rite ?
UserID = the login id for visitor ?

I want the user (webhost admin) sign up with their own ID and then this ID will be used when their request successfully verified by me, and they login with the password supplied. For the website visitor, they can click a link on the long display to view more details. And the website admin can login to change their details anytime.

I also have a problem, in the admin field, although i already put in the email, but it keep saying invalid format.
is it a cache problem ?

Also, what field should i post as hidden field

the files and be view from http://sirboss.tacoshell.com/temp

auth.pl
db_cgi.txt
default.log
default.pass
features.db
features_cfg.txt
features_html_pl.txt
format_pl.txt
look.txt
provider.count
provider.db
provider_cfg.txt
provider_html_pl.txt

and access from sirboss.tacoshell.com/cgi-bin/dbman/db.cgi?db=provider

thanks , any suggestions are welcome :)

Quote Reply
Re: Confused about the term id , userid In reply to
Did you set up and test each of these databases, one at a time before you tried to put them together?

In Reply To:
ID = a counter rite ?
UserID = the login id for visitor ?
Understand that there are no specific names required for any field. What I gave in the relational mod is just an example.

The ID can be a counter if you want it to be. If it is, it must be set as the $db_key field.

As for the userid field, it, too, can be named whatever you want it to be. The only thing that you have to do is set the $auth_user_field to match the number of the userid field.

In Reply To:
I also have a problem, in the admin field, although i already put in the email, but it keep saying invalid format. is it a cache problem ?
No, it shouldn't be a cache problem. You really need to test your database setups before you put them together.

In Reply To:
Also, what field should i post as hidden field
Any fields that you don't want your users to see but will be filled in automatically, like possibly a userid field or a counter field.

JPD
http://www.jpdeni.com/dbman/