Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : DBMan : Customization :

Mass Mailer ... wishlist!

Quote Reply
Mass Mailer ... wishlist!
Dear Santa,

Have you seen Anthrotech's mass mailer mod in the resources center? What I'd like in my Christmas stocking is a mod that has the ability to:

1) identify e-mail addresses in the password file (yes, I'm using the associated mod) and then parse a series of databases to identify those who've signed up, but not yet done anything about creating a record (and to capture any instances where users have signed up but not received a password by e-mail).

2) parse a database which includes multiple records per user and initiate just one e-mail per user (if possible, with the ability to import certain field values from across all records and build these into the body of the e-mail).

I know you're really rushed off your feet at this time of year. Perhaps you could do something in your quiet season?

Warmest regards and say hi to Rudolf from me,

Andy

[This message has been edited by Andy (edited December 18, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Re: Mass Mailer ... wishlist! In reply to
Well, you won't get it in time for Christmas. Why don't you buy a Perl book and try to figure out some of the adjustments on your own????

Smile

This Forum is not for requesting Mods and having them handed to you. I think that is one of the reasons that JPDeni is no longer with us. This forum is for discussing Modifications and other general topics about DBMAN.

It is really frustrating to continually read Threads of people requesting things without doing any research or attempts to modify scripts on their own. Put a little effort into it.

Smile

Regards.

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------

Quote Reply
Sorry, Eliot and everyone.

I hadn't meant to be asking for a mod "on a plate" -- just to register my interest (in case anyone is working on a mod) in grabbing e-mail addresses from the password file (something that is way beyond my current knowledge level).

Can I just express my thanks for DBMan and for all the help I've received at the Forum.

Warmest regards,

Andy
Quote Reply
I already posted some codes in another Thread that uses the .pass file rather than the .db file.

Search the Forum.

Regards,

------------------
Eliot Lee
Anthro TECH,L.L.C
www.anthrotech.com
----------------------