Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Perl Programming :

%1 is not a valid Windows NT application

Quote Reply
%1 is not a valid Windows NT application
This is my third attempt to get this links software running under NT with IIS. Now when I access the /admin.cgi, I get this error.

"%1 is not a valid Windows NT Application

What is up with that?

------------------
I'll believe skepticism when I see it.
Quote Reply
Re: %1 is not a valid Windows NT application In reply to
Sounds like a problem that I was having. Are you running on NT Server or NT Workstation. If you're running on NT Workstation, you'll have to run all of your Perl files as .pl and not as .cgi. If you are running IIS on NT Server, check the documentation on setting up ActivePerl with IIS. You have to change the default %1 switch to something different in the file types to correctly run Perl programs.
Quote Reply
I'm having this problem as well, and I'm running it on NT server.

When you say "You have to change the default %1 switch to something different in the file types to correctly run Perl programs"

Where do I change this default switch??
Quote Reply
When I pull up admin_html.pl in my browser, I get this message

CGI Error
The specified CGI application misbehaved by not returning a complete set of HTTP headers. The headers it did return are:

What's up with that?
Quote Reply
Sgt Hulka: Your server is set up to only run programs ending in .pl. You need to rename all .cgi to .pl, and then update your config file with the new names.

rwaring: Take a look at http://www.activestate.com/...2/perlwin32faq6.html for info on setting up perl with your web server. It's got a great step by step outline.

Cheers,

Alex
Quote Reply
You could get your web host to set up the NT perl so that it will run cgi files just like normal perl!!! See questions 3 and 4 hrer:
http://ultimatebb.com/home/ntfaq.html