Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Databases and SQL :

MySQL and MS Access interaction

Quote Reply
MySQL and MS Access interaction
Does anyone have any experience with integrating a MySQL database with an MS Access database so that they can share each other's data? I'm thinking there might be some sort of XML solution, but I really have no idea. Another possibility might be having the same web-based form communicate with both databases, so that the databases don't actually have to "talk" directly to each other. I have almost no experience with Access, though, so I don't really have a clue as to what may be possible. Thanks in advance for any suggestions or advice.

Fractured Atlas :: Liberate the Artist
Services: Healthcare, Fiscal Sponsorship, Marketing, Education, The Emerging Artists Fund
Quote Reply
Re: [hennagaijin] MySQL and MS Access interaction In reply to
If you have an ODBC conncection to your MySQL database, then you could set up Access Forms (using VBscript) to interact with your MySQL database.
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [hennagaijin] MySQL and MS Access interaction In reply to
MS Access easy connect to MySQL database by ODBC.
You can setup myodbc driver in windows and link mysql table to ms.access

Then you simple create Access forms for link tables and programming in VB.

Sincerely,
Andrew A.Romanchenko
AlarIT programmer
http://www.AlarIT.com
Quote Reply
Re: [Define] MySQL and MS Access interaction In reply to
Like I already stated...
========================================
Buh Bye!

Cheers,
Me
Quote Reply
Re: [Stealth] MySQL and MS Access interaction In reply to
Thank you, Stealth, for stating, and thank you define for reiterating. Sly

As a near total newbie, are there any online resources (e.g. manuals, etc.) that address this that you'd highly recommend? I've got some minor experience with MySQL (almost exclusively through PHP) but nearly none with Access. Alas, a job I'm working on requires that I figure this out... Thanks again.

Fractured Atlas :: Liberate the Artist
Services: Healthcare, Fiscal Sponsorship, Marketing, Education, The Emerging Artists Fund