Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Bandmin

Quote Reply
Bandmin
Has anyone ever used this. Is it any good?

http://www.bandmin.org

Last edited by:

RedRum: Feb 12, 2002, 12:09 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [RedRum] Bandmin In reply to
Better place to ask this question would probably be WebHostingTalk
Quote Reply
Re: [WRM] Bandmin In reply to
I hate that place. I'm sure some of the 12000 people who use this forum have tried it :)

Last edited by:

RedRum: Feb 13, 2002, 1:20 AM
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
I hate that place.
Well, every single WHT poster gets reprimanded by Chicken sooner or later, don't worry about that, Paul! Wink
Quote Reply
Re: [Tho:mas] Bandmin In reply to
I went into the advertising forum and saw a thread about a php helpdesk so I replied by saying I'd written one in perl and linked to it, I then got a warning for linking to my script.

Duh!

That place is just one big advertising fest so I'm staying away.
Quote Reply
Yep. That place used to be good. A few of the moderators there have gotten big heads, and ruin the quality of the forum.
Cheers,
Michael Bray
Quote Reply
In Reply To:
I went into the advertising forum and saw a thread about a php helpdesk so I replied by saying I'd written one in perl and linked to it, I then got a warning for linking to my script.

Duh!

Actually, the post was questioning if a site using a script had ripped it. The post was in the general chat area, not the advertising forum. Your reply had a link to your email and solicited inquires and sales. As per the forum rules, no links to your mail or site are allowed in any forum other than the advertising forums. Chicken was correct in smacking your knuckles. Also the script was the package configure one and not the help desk. Perhaps there is another thread that the search function didn't turn up?

Thread in question at WHT
Quote Reply
Re: [WRM] Bandmin In reply to
Hi,

>>Your reply had a link to your email and solicited inquires and sales.<<

People thought I'd ripped off a script which infact I'd written. Several people asked to buy the code so I provided an email link. Giving me a warning about that is a little weird if you ask me.

Anyway, that isnt the thread I was referring to and this isn't the place to discuss it :)

Last edited by:

RedRum: Feb 13, 2002, 7:25 AM
Quote Reply
Re: Bandmin In reply to
Blush

- wil
Quote Reply
...and back to the topic in hand.

Bandmin is spewing.

/lib/modules/2.4.2-2/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_tables.o: init_module: Device or resource busy
/lib/modules/2.4.2-2/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_tables.o: insmod /lib/modules/2.4.2-2/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_tables.o failed
/lib/modules/2.4.2-2/kernel/net/ipv4/netfilter/ip_tables.o: insmod ip_tables failed
iptables v1.2.1a: can't initialize iptables table `filter': iptables who? (do you need to insmod?)

Think I'll have to uninstall it as I'm getting regular emails from the cron daemon containing that error.

Last edited by:

RedRum: Feb 13, 2002, 7:26 AM
Quote Reply
Sweeeeet :)

rpm -e iptables

ipchains -L -n (Looks ok).

Installed bandmin, created an alias to view the output and bingo :)

Last edited by:

RedRum: Feb 13, 2002, 2:58 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Bandmin In reply to

In Reply To:

Duh!

I agree about WebhostingTalk.com. Their main moderator Chicken is a jerk who likes to play God and is very immature. He needlessly edits posts, deletes them, and bans good members wrongly accusing them of something he imagined. Chicken even added me to some spam lists when I disagreed with him.

Stay away from WebhostingTalk.com. It an extremely biased and poorly-run forum.