Gossamer Forum
Home : General : Chit Chat :

Forum users with multiple usernames

(Page 2 of 4)
> > > >
Quote Reply
Re: [Wil] Forum users with multiple usernames In reply to
As a moderator there could be a reason to use multiple usernames. I can see that.

Thanks!

Edit: I can see the need periodically for an alias as a moderator or an admin. Do you see any uses as a user?

Last edited by:

Teambldr: Jul 30, 2002, 11:11 AM
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Forum users with multiple usernames In reply to
To be honest. When I saw that "Display Email" field, I thought.. well that's silly. It should be a radio, checkbox, or a select field to display the email you have on file. What's the point of having a Display email when it can be used to fill in random emails. So I used paul@wiredon.net to see if it even validated it. I guess not. So I figure, it's a pointless field. If it did anything, Paul would have my password by now.

[edit]Also, I am not trying to deceive people. Is there not my name at the end of every one of my posts? Maybe I should be the destructive one as teamberler puts it and start used:

--
Paul Wilson
CEO- WeIRDOn. (NPI)

Paul, state your reasons for changing names 3 (or more) times. I have done the same thing and only I get accused for it.

Temabelardr

Thanks for completely ignoring my offerings. I said before that I wanted a completely resetted account. It keeps the posts per day as per when I restarted using the forums. Rather than averaging all those days I had no-posts into it. No matter how small the reason, that is still a reason. Shall it not be considered?

--
jsu

Last edited by:

Seto Kaiba: Jul 30, 2002, 1:50 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [Seto Kaiba] Forum users with multiple usernames In reply to
Will you please drop the attitude and get back to the threads topic or don't post at all.

Thank you!Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [Teambldr] Forum users with multiple usernames In reply to
I'm simply replying to posts.

And I offered the reason why I did it for a second time only to be ignored again.

--
jsu
Quote Reply
You wanted to "completely resetted your account". I understand.
Quote Reply
>>
Paul, state your reasons for changing names 3 (or more) times. I have done the same thing and only I get accused for it.
<<

I don't have to explain to you but if it will shut you up...someone had the username Paul so I couldn't register it, so I registered RedRum. Jason then free'd it up so I then used Paul.

What was the third, I can't remember?

There is a difference though...I have one at a time, not 3 or more at once....and I don't lurk under another username either.

Last edited by:

Paul: Jul 30, 2002, 3:00 PM
Quote Reply
Uh? I use 3 at once? I switched over completely once I registered this username. I registered it last night and haven't used widgetz since. Do I lurk?

Your third was before Redrum. Maybe there was something before, but when I left you were PaulWilson.

--
jsu
Quote Reply
>>
Uh? I use 3 at once? I switched over completely once I registered this username. I registered it last night and haven't used widgetz since. Do I lurk?
<<

I wasn't directing that at you, it was general, but some people who I won't name use 2, 3 or more at once.

PaulWilson was one step closer to Paul.
Quote Reply
So you're saying you went from Redrum to Paulwilson to Paul?

Well, I'm pretty sure then there was something before Redrum. The first time I saw Redrum, I had no idea who it was but I later found out it was you. And I wouldn't have known who you were unless you had something before Redrum.

Even though you've cleared your Redrum account, you posted something using it yesterday. Then it was deleted shortly after. I don't remember the forum, but I remember seeing the Posted deleted by redrum. Is this the type of lurking you forementioned?

--
jsu
Quote Reply
>>
Even though you've cleared your Redrum account, you posted something using it yesterday. Then it was deleted shortly after. I don't remember the forum, but I remember seeing the Posted deleted by redrum. Is this the type of lurking you forementioned?
<<

Nope it's the forementioned deceitfulness as it was not me who posted...I'm sure if I gave Alex the IP though he could find out who it was...it was me that deleted the post from the Links2 forum. I have a fair idea who it was.
Quote Reply
Oh ya. I did look at that post and was pretty unsure why you'd post under an old name and then delete it immediately.

Was the Username no longer registered and another person registered it? Well, if the guy had no idea the username would get him into any trouble, maybe he was just posting a normal Links2 question? I wouldn't know, I didn't actually read the post, I just saw it in the listings. Can one not reregister "Redrum" if it were deleted, as you had reregistered "Paul"?

--
jsu
Quote Reply
The chances of a "new" user registering RedRum are like so slim it's one of 3-4 people
Quote Reply
Well, if the post wasn't meant to harm you, then couldn't it have been an innocent bystander?

I don't know what the post was about, so I guess I'd have to see it from this perspective, that you deleted a post from a random _new_ person. Why would they post in the Links2 forum?

--
jsu
Quote Reply
Yet another reason to keep your old aliases as seperate accounts.

Remember me posting a feature request for the availability to hold and to link old usernames?

- wil
Quote Reply
>>
Well, if the post wasn't meant to harm you, then couldn't it have been an innocent bystander?

I don't know what the post was about, so I guess I'd have to see it from this perspective, that you deleted a post from a random _new_ person. Why would they post in the Links2 forum?
<<

Judging by your intense interest and your continual assurance that it wasn't you then I'm beginning to think it was.

>>
you deleted a post from a random _new_ person
<<

Nope, they already deleted in themselves, I just removed it. The wording in the post wasn't a normal newbie post.

Anyway whatever.
Quote Reply
Lol. Things always go my way. By acting curious about what had occured, I actually got you to say it.. "Judging by your intense interest and your continual assurance that it wasn't you then I'm beginning to think it was."

Oh joy. Anyways, I was trying to get that line out of you the second you said you think 3-4 people did it.

Well, I didn't do it. Go and compare those IP addresses. Or just don't and go and make your "installer script" because you are much too busy. Sly

--
jsu
Quote Reply
>>
Or just don't and go and make your "installer script" because you are much too busy.
<<

I've been working on it for about 10 hours today and only pop into the forum to laugh at your posts. It's now 12.40am so I'm not going to work on it anymore tonight.
Quote Reply
Laugh at my posts as I did your questions back in the day.. sure why not?

--
jsu
Quote Reply
>>
Laugh at my posts as I did your questions back in the day.. sure why not?
<<

Yup, how the tables have turned ;) ...even Jagerman was asking silly questions at the forum a few years ago (before he became staff).
Quote Reply
Ya.. and I still laugh at the people that have became mods. In this forum, it's just about the people that have stuck the longest. Nothing more.

--
jsu

Last edited by:

Seto Kaiba: Jul 30, 2002, 4:58 PM
Quote Reply
>>
Ya.. and I still laugh at the people that have became mods.
<<

Maybe it is bitterness because you never became one.

>>
In this forum, it's just about the people that have stuck the longest. Nothing more.
<<

Being a moderator isn't based on knowledge, it depends on other factors such as length of membership (Alex isn't going to make a newbie a moderator or someone with 1 post...duh) or reliability (a moderator that turns up to the forum every 6 months is kind of useless).
Quote Reply
Quote:
it's just about the people that have stuck the longest. Nothing more.

I disagree, check my signup date. I think reliablity and MATURITY have a lot to do with it. Who would you trust the face of your support forum to?

EDIT: I don't beleive it is solely based on knowledge either. I take myself as an example of this.

Last edited by:

Ian: Jul 30, 2002, 5:26 PM
Quote Reply
Oh ouch. You assumed I said knowledge.

I would not be bitter about something like that. Why would I want to become a mod? So I can go and edit other people's profiles? Thanks btw.

Bobsie was a good moderator. Even though he kept on the downlow, he was great.

Paul, when I left.. we had that one private talk (no i don't care if you don't remember, i don't lie!). I said sticking to those forums is stupid. You were the one of them who ridiculed Eliot and I always defended. I told you, you'd do the same. Eliot wasn't a mod, he acted like one. Telling people to search through the forums before asking questions, etc. Now.. look what happens. You stick to the forums and you're a mod now. Wow, I am a fortune teller.

--
jsu
Quote Reply
>>
So I can go and edit other people's profiles? Thanks btw.
<<

Sorry, no idea what you are referring to, I've not edited anyone's profile, perhaps you should speak to a staff member Tongue

>>
Paul, when I left.. we had that one private talk (no i don't care if you don't remember, i don't lie!). <<

No I really don't remember Crazy

>>
I said sticking to those forums is stupid. You were the one of them who ridiculed Eliot and I always defended. I told you, you'd do the same. Eliot wasn't a mod, he acted like one. Telling people to search through the forums before asking questions, etc. Now.. look what happens. You stick to the forums and you're a mod now. Wow, I am a fortune teller.
<<

I bet Eliot didn't tell you he got banned a few weeks ago did he?...nah didn't think so...yeah you are right, Im the ogre...boohoo.

Last edited by:

Paul: Jul 30, 2002, 5:52 PM
Quote Reply
I totally agree with you! Smile

I knew Eliot got banned. I know all. I wasn't here to see it, but I just knew he'd get banned someday. I mean.. enough people dislike him. You know how it works.

--
jsu
> > > >