Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : MySQLMan :

Cannot Create Table......

Quote Reply
Cannot Create Table......
Sorry for my ignorance, haven't used this program much....

Can anyone tell me what this means, and how I can fix it. (I'm using the mySQLman that comes with LinksSQL2)

fatal undef error: GT::Template (15386): Unable to open template file './create_field.txt'. Reason: File does not exist. at html.pl line 273.

The file does exist.

Thanks,

Quote Reply
Re: Cannot Create Table...... In reply to
All your TEMPLATE files in the GT/Templates folder need to be chmod 666 and you need to make sure that you have that template file in the above referenced folder.

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
All the files were set to 644, from the install.
I changed the 2 files create_field.txt and create_field.html to 666 and still get the same error.

Should I change all the template files to 666?

Most parts of the program actually work. I've run into these errors with create table though.

Eliot, you know this has to do with my previous Dual Verify Mod... decided to give it a try myself.

Thanks for your help,
RWhite

Quote Reply
And are ALL the template files in the GT/Templates folder...if not, then you need to edit your mysql.cfg file to point to the correct TEMPLATES folder.

And I don't really think that you need to create another table to run a copy of the nph-verify.cgi script. You should be able to use the SAME Links table...

Regards,

Eliot Lee
Quote Reply
Eliot,

Everything as far as the files seem to be in order. I've run into the same problem when I tried to create a column also.

As far as using 2 tables for the verify 2 links, I want to be able to view the status of both links through my admin.

Since Links2 uses a separate table to record the link status I figured I would need another to record the 2nd link status.

I was going to create the needed templates like tools_verify2.html (and whatever else i find) and have the
nph_verify2.cgi use them.

That way if <link1> was good and <link2> was bad I would know which was which.

I'm open to any suggestions though.

Thanks again,

RWhite

Quote Reply
Or maybe I can use the same table and create a column for <link2> status????????

Either way I come back to the same mySQLman problem. Can't create a table and can't create a column. (same error message)
Quote Reply
Got the answer from Gossamer Support, Thought I'd post in case others have the same problem.

Please take a look inside the html.pl file in the mysqlman directory at line
273. Then replace the line with the one below

$columns .= GT::Template->parse ( $CONFIG{'template_dir'} .'/create_field.txt', { field_num => $i });

Works fine now.

Quote Reply
Alex or Scott, can you update the MySQLMan bundled with the Gossamer Mail Upgrade distribution file to include this fix?

Quote Reply
Re: [RWhite] Cannot Create Table...... In reply to
Thanks mate, i did just send GOS a e-mail about this.

Somehow i was looking in the wrong folder and forgot it's possible to use the search option:)

Anyway: Maybe it's a good idea that GOS makes a BUG folder with subfolders products/version number. So they don't have to tell all people all over again. Also this is very handy for the users because if u have a problem u can first search in there.

Well it's just a idea. Wink

Regards Startpoint.