Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : MySQLMan :

Installing Mysql on a cobalt raq4

Quote Reply
Installing Mysql on a cobalt raq4
Hi,
Sorry if this is off topic, but I feel that this forum is a great place for solutions with so many knowledgable people here.

My question is this:
Im trying to install mysql on a cobalt raq4 server, i use the command something similar to the following:
rpm -ivh ftp://ftp.url_to_the_mysql_rpm_file
I get back the response from my server of
MYSQL ######################################
Then Im dumped back to the command prompt, and have no clue where to go from there. What would the next step be.

I have tried installing from the tar ball, but get to the point of where your supposed to create the tables and databases with the command mysql_install_db but the server returns an error something like sh mysql_install_db command not known.

I know I have sh on the server, as which sh produces /bin/sh, and the first line in mysql_install_db is #!/bin/sh or something of that nature, it does match where my server says sh is at.

So, where do I go after my server spits out the
MYSQL ###########################################
After using the rpm command to get the mysql src file.

Thanks for the assistance, I certainly didn't have this problem when I set it up locally here in the office, it took me all of 10 minutes to setup mysql under SuSE 6.4 linux on a local box.

Adam

"I've got if's pretty good, but that's about it"
Quote Reply
Re: Installing Mysql on a cobalt raq4 In reply to
Cobalt now have a package file at http://pkg.nl.cobalt.com

It makes installation very easy.

Quote Reply
Re: Installing Mysql on a cobalt raq4 In reply to
Thanks,
We ended up going the long route and compiling it for the server, but have now cancelled the server since they were nickel and diming us to death.

Thanks for the reply though, it's appreciated.

Harrison

"I've got if's pretty good, but that's about it"