Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

How to display community profile data in Links SQL?

Quote Reply
How to display community profile data in Links SQL?
How do I display community profile data in Links SQL?

Perhaps using Community::Web::User::??
Quote Reply
Re: [smsltd] How to display community profile data in Links SQL? In reply to
i.e. say that I don't want to use the Contact_Email field in Links SQL, because it represents unnecessary duplication of preexisting data in the community table. How would I get the community email address from links sql, or indeed from Gforum?
Quote Reply
Ah, ok. So you want to display just some specific data, not the full profile form, right?
So if you want to display GComm user data in LSQL, GForum, or other GT app, then there is a function, which imports the GComm user data as template tags, so you can use them in your application templates.

For current user:
<%Plugins::Auth_Community::get_profile%> - imports the user profile data as template tags, then:
<%prof_city%> - displays city data from the user's profile
<%comm_username%> - displays username from the user's profile

For a specific user:
<%Plugins::Auth_Community::get_profile('username')%> - imports the given user profile data as template tags, then:
<%prof_city%> - displays city data from the user's profile
<%comm_username%> - displays username from the user's profile

Of course you can use all fields available in the user table.

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] How to display community profile data in Links SQL? In reply to
That's absolutely awesome, thank you so much. I've been trying to figure this out for ages, and there it all is.

I can't thank you enough.

You should post paypal donation information on your homepage.
Quote Reply
Glad that it helped you Smile

About PayPal: unfortunately PayPal is not available in my country at this moment.

Currently only my Share-it.com account is available to accept donations.
If you would like to donate me, click the link below my signature...

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...