Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

t=(other than default)

Quote Reply
t=(other than default)
Hello,

I am not able to get the community plugin to work with a second language. The t=secondlanguage only works when I change the default template set to that "secondlanguage. I do get the second template set, but the server language messages remain in the default template language. This is usually easy to do with GT scripts...

I have done this before in other GT scripts but I must not know something about the community script.

Any ideas? Smile
Quote Reply
Re: [nt6] t=(other than default) In reply to
I have just tried a look at what GT:Template:dump does and saw that no matter what t value was passed to the script, it always returns the globals for the system default template. In other words if t=1 and the system default template is 2, I get the globals and luanguage vars of 2 no matter what.

What do I need to do?
Quote Reply
>> What do I need to do?

It sounds like t= is not being preserved. Is there a "Dynamic Preserve" field in the community admin area? If not, it's something Alex will have to address. I don't have a working community admin I can access at the moment.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] t=(other than default) In reply to
There is nowhere in the community admin to preserve values like in the LSQL back office. Is there anyway to force t to be preserved besides t=template? Thank you.
Quote Reply
It would be nice if someone from GT can confirm that there is no quickway out of this problem for the moment.
Quote Reply
Hi,

It's the big holiday week, things are going to take awhile to get an answer.

PUGDOG� Enterprises, Inc.

The best way to contact me is to NOT use Email.
Please leave a PM here.
Quote Reply
Re: [pugdog] t=(other than default) In reply to
Bump Smile Could someone from Gt look into this? Alex? Smile
Quote Reply
Hi,

There is an issue where t=x was not being passed through (so if you went to community.cgi?t=german, and then clicked on signup, you lost your t=german). However, if I understand you correctly, you are saying going to t=german is pulling up language.txt from t=default?

One thing to check is the name of your template set. It has to match \w+ (i.e. only a-z, A-Z, 0-9 and _ characters, nothing else. If it fails, it will fall back silently to the default set.

If that's not the case, what is the version of Community.pm you have? Look at the top of the file for a line like:

# Revision : $Id: Community.pm,v 1.35 2004/01/06 19:51:47 alex Exp $

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] t=(other than default) In reply to
Thank you for your response.

I did notice that as soon as I went to sign up, I lost my template value. But what was really anoying was that the french template gave me the english language texts, but when I changed the default template set from english to french, I got the French in the English templates...

>If that's not the case, what is the version of Community.pm you have? Look at the top of the file for a line like:

# Revision : $Id: Community.pm,v 1.29 2003/05/29 21:22:06 alex Exp $

I just checked and I am running v1,29
It seams that my install is up to date...

Last edited by:

nt6: Jan 7, 2004, 1:13 PM
Quote Reply
Quote:
One thing to check is the name of your template set. It has to match \w+ (i.e. only a-z, A-Z, 0-9 and _ characters, nothing else. If it fails, it will fall back silently to the default set.

This is the first thing I checked and this wasn't the case.
Quote Reply
Quote:
if I understand you correctly, you are saying going to t=german is pulling up language.txt from t=default?

You do understand me right. I have just upgraded to the new community plugin and it still goes back to english after requesting signup in a second language.
Quote Reply
Hi,

I looked into this before releasing 1.0 and couldn't reproduce it on my end so I had assumed it was fixed. I'll take another look.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Alex,

any progress?
Quote Reply
Hi,

Sorry, no, not yet. I've got someone looking into this today.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
nt6,

The problem is caused in your templates.
GT Community doesn't have "Dynamic Preserve" option implemented at all. Therefore GT made a workaround by using the following code in the templates:
<%path_cgi_url%>?do=user_home<%if t%>;t=<%t%><%endif%>

Since you likely have edited your templates earlier than the 1.0 realease, therefore you don't have these conditions applied to your templates.
You should compare your template files to the ones in 1.0.1 release, and should copy the missing conditions...

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...
Quote Reply
Re: [webmaster33] t=(other than default) In reply to
In Reply To:
nt6,

The problem is caused in your templates.
GT Community doesn't have "Dynamic Preserve" option implemented at all. Therefore GT made a workaround by using the following code in the templates:
<%path_cgi_url%>?do=user_home<%if t%>;t=<%t%><%endif%>

Since you likely have edited your templates earlier than the 1.0 realease, therefore you don't have these conditions applied to your templates.
You should compare your template files to the ones in 1.0.1 release, and should copy the missing conditions...

Actually Aki just fixed this yesterday and told me he simply updated the community CVS with the 11th of febuary 2004 latest release, and now the problem is gone.
Quote Reply
It means that there was another bug in core code.
I'm glad that now it works for you. Cool

Best regards,
Webmaster33

Paid Support
from Webmaster33. Expert in Perl programming & Gossamer Threads applications. (click here for prices)
Webmaster33's products (upd.2004.09.26) | Private message | Contact me | Was my post helpful? Donate my help...