Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

GT::Template::Parser (9886) error

Quote Reply
GT::Template::Parser (9886) error
I've just installed Gossamer Community along with Links SQL. Most things seem OK except the following error whenever I try to access the plugin pages within the Community admin screens.

Here's the error:

Error message:
GT::Template::Parser (9886): Unable to locate template file 'plugin_manager_list.html' in '/correct-path-to-my-private-dir/templates/default' or any inheritance directories at GT::Template::_compile_template line 627.

I don't even see the template referenced in the error anywhere in my templates directory. I do see one called 'admin_plugin_manager_list.html'.

Anyone any idea what the problem might be?

Everything is running under mod_perl if it matters.
Quote Reply
Re: [paulj] GT::Template::Parser (9886) error In reply to
Hi there,

Would you mind sending me access information to your server? I can't reproduce it on my end. It may be to do with mod_perl and an older version of one of the libraries but I'd like to make sure.

You can reach me at aki - gossamer-threads.com

Thanks!
Aki
Quote Reply
Thanks for the info.

It appears that Links SQL 2.1.2 holds older library files for the GT::Plugins modules and the proper prefix wasn't being appended to the template files.

This only affects mod_perl users using Links and Community together. The easiest way to fix the problem is most likely to load Community::mod_perl first in the startup.pl

I'm going to speak with Alex tomorrow to make sure we can safely do that but don't believe you'll enounter any errors.

Last edited by:

Aki: Feb 4, 2004, 8:06 PM
Quote Reply
Yes, it's safe to do that. With mod_perl, only one copy of the GT libs is loaded, and it's the first one that's listed in your mod_perl startup file. It's always a good idea to make sure the latest version of libs are installed (by putting the newest application first in the mod_perl startup file).

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.