Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

Logging in Community with admin, and also user?

Quote Reply
Logging in Community with admin, and also user?
Hi. Is it possible to login as 'admin' and also another user at the same time? It seems that if I login as 'Andy', and view the forum, everything is fine. Then I goto community.cgi, and login as admin/mypassword, which then takes me to the admin panel. The problem is, that as soon as I goto the forum again, I am loged out of 'Andy', and don't have any user at all.

Are there any ways around this? Its pretty annoying having to login every time I want to change between admin and my normal user.

TIA

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [Andy] Logging in Community with admin, and also user? In reply to
I'm guessing that you're logging out as Andy to log in as admin?
I got round this by bookmarking the 'Online' page so I don't ever log out as a regular user but to get to the Online page I'm prompted to log in as admin. Seems to work for me.

Laura.
The UK High Street
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] Logging in Community with admin, and also user? In reply to
Thanks, that did the trick :)

Chers

Andy (mod)
andy@ultranerds.co.uk
Want to give me something back for my help? Please see my Amazon Wish List
GLinks ULTRA Package | GLinks ULTRA Package PRO
Links SQL Plugins | Website Design and SEO | UltraNerds | ULTRAGLobals Plugin | Pre-Made Template Sets | FREE GLinks Plugins!
Quote Reply
Re: [afinlr] Logging in Community with admin, and also user? In reply to
In Reply To:
I'm guessing that you're logging out as Andy to log in as admin?
I got round this by bookmarking the 'Online' page so I don't ever log out as a regular user but to get to the Online page I'm prompted to log in as admin. Seems to work for me.

Laura.

Laura,
Could you flesh this out a bit. What page is the "online page"?

ccunet
my Christian web
Quote Reply
Re: [ccunet] Logging in Community with admin, and also user? In reply to
Hi,

Log in as admin in Community and you should have several options - one of which is 'Online' - just choose any of the options to bookmark (or add to your 'quick links' on the front of your LinksSQL admin panel). You should then be prompted to log in before you can access that page.

Laura.
The UK High Street