Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Gossamer Community :

Could somebody explain how the Community interacts with Links and the Forum please

Quote Reply
Could somebody explain how the Community interacts with Links and the Forum please
Hi,
Could somebody please explain briefly how the three products (Links SQL, Gossamer Forums and Gossamer Community) interact between them using Gossamer Community?

I'm going to try to hack SMF Forums to take the place of Gossamer Forums but it has to be able to interact with Gossamer Links SQL so that users only have one username/password combination to remember. I don't know how Gossamer Community actually works, how the usernames and passwords are stored and where, and whether G Forums stores the user information or if it's stored in community and g forum pulls the info from there, same with Links sql etc.

I'm currently not sure whether it's going to be better to try to hack SMF Forums so that it pulls the user information from Gossamer Community, or if it's going to be better to have Gossamer Links SQL pull the user information from the SMF forum installation because I don't know how it all interacts with the three Gossamer Products. So a run down on how they interact would be really helpful if anybody has the time.

Thanks,