Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

uploading website and images - am I stupid?

Quote Reply
uploading website and images - am I stupid?
Unsure Please help me someone! I'm trying to upload a website for the first time and so far, it is listed in the Fileman Web directory as index.htm. (i renamed the website file 'index' as instructed and saved it in html format but it is just called index.htm, not index.html which already existed in the list, does this matter?)

Anyway, when i go to www.youdomain.com/index, i can view the website but no images. Ive tried to upload images as jpegs and gifs into the Web directory but they just seem to disappear after uploading and are not listed anywhere. Why?

How do I upload images and put them back onto my website?

Do I have to do anything else before my website appears at www.yourdomain.com? At the moment, all i see is the 'Personalise your Home Page' screen.

I know i sound really thick but i dont find Fileman easy to use much at all at this stage. My fiance is desperate for me to get his site up and running! Please could anyone advise me in plain easy steps?

Thankyou

Abigail
Quote Reply
Re: [AbigailEllis] uploading website and images - am I stupid? In reply to
If you have both index.htm and index.html you need to delete the one that is not being used. Your browser will load one by default, and it may not load the one you want it to load.

If the one you updated is index.htm then load www.yoursite.com/index.htm make sure to include the .htm so you are sure that you're loading the page you want to.

Tommy Evans Cool
Victory Heights Baptist Church