Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

Typo and other stuff (cobalt)

Quote Reply
Typo and other stuff (cobalt)
Just installed and started to play with it. Really neat.

Found a typo under the "Preferences" link. The "Cancel" button is misspelled.

Have some other questions and issues.
1. Is there a way to logout.
2. Is there any documentation so that I can review before releasing to clients. Would be nice to know how to use everything.
3. When I check a file and then click on edit, the HTML version comes up but nothing shows and it seems like some of the toolbar items are overlapped. I'm on a Mac using IE5.
4. When I click on the "Upload" link the lower frame doesn't scroll, hence I can't see all the info contained within that frame. Even when I expand the window to fit my window of my monitor, which is 21".
5. Can you explain the following in the "Preferences". I'm sure I know, but want to make sure.
a) Default Password Directory Root:/
b) Default Working Directory

Thanks
aky
Quote Reply
Re: [icuglobalA] Typo and other stuff (cobalt) In reply to
Hi,

Thanks for the feedback!

1. No, there is no logout link. You could add one by editing the templates (in /home/gossamer/fileman/templates).

2. No, we don't have a built in user guide, but would love to add one if anyone gets something started.

3. Hmm, this is a bug, it is trying to use the WYSIWYG html editor which is only available on IE 5+ for Windows.

4. Can you upload a screenshot? We have not seen this before.

5a. This will store the .htpasswd part of a .htaccess/.htpasswd combo in a specific directories. i.e. if you don't want your password file in the document root, you can put it in /users/admin directory instead. By default it will just put the .htpasswd in the same directory as the .htaccess file.

5b. This is the directory a user will start at when FileMan is loaded.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Typo and other stuff (cobalt) In reply to
[reply]Hi,

Thanks for the feedback!

1. No, there is no logout link. You could add one by editing the templates (in /home/gossamer/fileman/templates).

Thanks, but how would I add one, which template/html?

3. Hmm, this is a bug, it is trying to use the WYSIWYG html editor which is only available on IE 5+ for Windows.

Will it be available to us lowly Mac users.

4. Can you upload a screenshot? We have not seen this before.

No problem

5b. This is the directory a user will start at when FileMan is loaded.

But will they be able to go up to the root. Just wondering if they (clients) can be restricted to just their web directory via the GUI. Not a biggy just wondering.

Aky
Quote Reply
Hi,

1. You can look in main.html (it's javascript docwrited, a little tricky to edit).

3. No, not that I don't want to, but it's based off a control that comes with Microsoft's Internet Explorer, and this control does not work on Mac IE.

4. Thanks, I'll look into this.

5b. Yes, they can move up the root. If you wanted to restrict them to the web directory, modify /home/gossamer/fileman/lib/fileman.pl and change:

root_dir => $root_dir,

to

root_dir => "$root_dir/web",

to start them in the web directory.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Hi,

4. When I click on the "Upload" link ...
You can change the js_cmd_upload in home.html like:
if (ie) {
}
else {
}
doc.write("</td><td class='text_format'><input type='radio' name='type' value='ascii'>Ascii <input type='radio' name='type' value='binary'>Binary<input type='radio' name='type' value='auto' checked>Auto</td></tr>\n");
doc.write("<tr><td class='text_format' width='9%'>File name:</td><td class='text_format'><input name=txt_input type=file size=15>");
doc.write("<input type=button name=Upload value='Upload' onclick=check_input()></td><td class='text_format'><input name=overwrite type=checkbox value='1'>Overwrite");
doc.write("&nbsp;<a href='javascript:top.js_cmd_multi_upload()' target='mainfrm'>Multiple Upload</a></td></tr></table>\n");
doc.write("<input type=hidden name=work_path value="+work_path+"><input type=hidden name=cmd_do value='cmd_upload'>")
doc.write("<input type=hidden name=do value='fileman'>");

<%ifnot user_sessions%>
<%endif%>

That should work.

TheStone.

B.
Quote Reply
Re: [TheStone] Typo and other stuff (cobalt) In reply to
This will fix the bug that occurs only to Mac users? I'm assuming it won't affect how it works for those using IE Windows?
Quote Reply
1. Thanks I will dig around in that file. I'll let you know what I come up with. Maybe others will be interested in it.
Quote Reply
Hi,

Actually, It was not enough space to show all options up, so it does not depend on any browsers or systems.

TheStone.

B.

Last edited by:

TheStone: Jan 23, 2002, 4:48 PM
Quote Reply
Do you have the change template that I can upload or do you have the info that I can make the necessary changes to that bottom frame.
Quote Reply
Actually, no need. I just went in via SSH and changed the home.html's bottomfrm info to scroll as I wasn't sure what the exact size would be needed for that frame.

Thanks anyway.
Quote Reply
Hi there

I've just installed fileman, and it seems very good, However I mainly installed it for a mac user to put stuff live easily...

so my question is, is the ie thing a proprietry ie thing or w3c standards compliant,
basically if I use another standards compliant browser will it work? f'rinstance will it work with Opera?

thanks

p

3. No, not that I don't want to, but it's based off a control that comes with Microsoft's Internet Explorer, and this control does not work on Mac IE.