Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

German Translation of FileMan 2 for Free Download

Quote Reply
German Translation of FileMan 2 for Free Download
Hello,

here you can find a free German translation of the most templates from FileMan 2 (multi user version). I don't know if you can use it in the single user version too - perhaps one of the GT support team can tell us something about this.
Please read the German instructions before you use it.

Bitte das zip-File entpacken und einfach die darin befindlichen Dateien auf den Webserver ueber die bereits erfolgte Installation von FileMan 2 kopieren (vorher aber unbedingt Sicherungskopien der Originaldateien erstellen!!!). In der "Admin.pm" aus dem Verzeichnis "/fileman/private/lib/fileman/" aber vorher noch den Pfad "$PRIV_PATH" (z. B. $PRIV_PATH = '/usr/local/plesk/apache/vhosts/domainxyz.com/private';) anpassen, sonst hagelt es Fehlermeldungen. Obwohl bei der Uebersetzung die meisten Templates beruecksichtigt wurden kann es durchaus sein, dass die eine oder andere Meldung noch in Englisch erscheint da ich stellenweise an zu sehr "technischen Begriffen" gescheitert bin und dann resignierend aufgegeben habe - hoffe aber, dies ist kein Beinbruch Wink . Wie bereits erwaehnt, bezieht sich die Uebersetzung auf die "multi user version" und ich bin mir nicht sicher, ob die Dateien auch problemlos in der "single user version" eingesetzt werden koennen - vielleicht aeussert sich hierzu noch jemand vom GT Support Team und hilft hier ein wenig weiter.
Ich hoffe es versteht sich aber von selbst, dass ich natuerlich auch keine Garantie fuer meine Arbeit übernehmen kann und jeder Webmaster selber dafuer verantwortlich ist, wenn beim Einsatz der o. g. Dateien irgend etwas schief läuft oder gar ein Schaden entsteht - am besten testet man das Script vorher mit einer "behandelten Blanko-Installation".
Ansonsten hoffe ich dass ich mit der Uebersetzung dieses absolut nuetzliche Top-Script habe noch nuetzlicher machen koennen und wuensche damit viel Spass.

cu
pennratz
Quote Reply
Re: [pennratz] German Translation of FileMan 2 for Free Download In reply to
I think this post needs removing immediately as the multi-user version is a commercial script
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] German Translation of FileMan 2 for Free Download In reply to
Hi Paul,

you cannot download the commercial script - only the templates, I think this is no problem. What's the meaning of the GT support team?

cu
pennratz
Quote Reply
Your zip includes perl modules, but still templates should not be downloadable unless you got permission from GT.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] German Translation of FileMan 2 for Free Download In reply to
Ok, there's a new zip online. This only contains .html and .js files, the following ones are deleted:
Admin.pm, Base.pm, Socket.pm, Tar.pm, Template.pm, Tools.pm, Commands.pm, Editor.pm

Now we are waiting for a commentary from GT, ok?

BTW: Jack wrote to me on Aug. 2002:
Quote:
Hi Peter, Are you going to be making the German templates available to others or
is it just for your application? Jack.

Last edited by:

pennratz: Jun 7, 2003, 1:31 PM
Quote Reply
Yep but Im not sure he meant publically...I think perhaps he meant distributed via the client control panel.
Quote Reply
Hi Peter,

Indeed, Paul is right. My question to you that you kindly quoted was to inquire whether your translated templates were for your own use exclusively or if you were going to provide it to us for distribution to other registered users of Fileman Multi-user.

However, now that the download has only html and jsp files in it, we can offer it to others for free download. This forum though might not be the best place for it but rather the Resources section would probably be best:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/scripts/resources/

Jack.
Quote Reply
Re: [Jack] German Translation of FileMan 2 for Free Download In reply to
Hi Jack,

thanks for your correction and the link to your resources. I have filled out the form and now you can decide to publish it or not.
On August 27 2002 I wrote a mail with a link to the translated files to you but I never saw an indication for your customers on the GT website that FileMan is available in German - only users who asked about it. And so ...
However, I hope it will be useful (without the translated text in the .pm files, too).

cu
pennratz

P.S. Thanks to Paul too for his grade Wink