Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

POP UP AD!!!

Quote Reply
POP UP AD!!!
Frown

I DO NOT LIKE IT!! EVERYTIME I/ONE OF MY CLIENTS LOG INTO THE FILEMAN USER PAGE... A POP UP AD COMES UP! This is unethical...there should have been a clear warning before purchasing this software. Usually only FREEWARE/SHAREWARE's have this annoyance of a idea.

Anyways, please let me know how to disable this feature.
Quote Reply
Re: [ewerld] POP UP AD!!! In reply to
I don't recall any pop-ups when I installed my copy. Are you sure it's Fileman causing the pop-up and not something your host has done?

Regards,
Charlie
Quote Reply
Re: [Chaz] POP UP AD!!! In reply to
It has happend several times. It seems it happens after we input the username/pw...then it takes you to the Allowed Root folder, and finally a popup. Pirate
Quote Reply
Do you have pop-ups in the rest of your site? I honestly never had a pop-up come from any gossamer product, paid or free. What is the ad for anyway? Check the JavaScript in the templates but I really doubt you will find it there.

~Charlie
Quote Reply
Re: [Chaz] POP UP AD!!! In reply to
thanks for your concern... there are various popup's.. It could be my mistake, but it happens almost everytime I have to manually log in. It doesnt usually happen when I have just logged in but didnt log out. Only when i have to log in.

O-well..
Quote Reply
Hi,

There are no popup ads in FileMan. We have a FileMan button in the top right corner and that's it (just like you see in the demo). Any pop up ads you are seeing must be either from your host (possibly a free host?), or your browser.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.