Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

Install only in the cgi-bin?

Quote Reply
Install only in the cgi-bin?
Can i install fileman somewhere othet than the cgi bin. Can i just install it in the root directory or does it need to be in the cgi-bin for perl?
thanks
just mail him his clothes
Quote Reply
Re: [tatego] Install only in the cgi-bin? In reply to
Hi tatego,

You can install FileMan in any web accessible directory that allows cgi execution. Some host only allow you to execute cgis in the cgi-bin while others allow cgis from anywhere. You can set the root dir for FileMan to any dir you have access rights to.

Regards,
Charlie
Quote Reply
Re: [Chaz] Install only in the cgi-bin? In reply to
thanks for that, how can i uninstall so that i can try to reinstall in the main root. the reason i ask is that my server doesnt seem to handle cookies the way fileman wants to i have to go without the password and username. since installed in the cgi-bin i cant use basic authentication to protect it or any cgi script i decide to run wont work.
i want to uninstall and then reinstall in the root directory. i dont know if just deleting files is the right way.
thanks
Quote Reply
Re: [tatego] Install only in the cgi-bin? In reply to
Simply deleting the files will work. I don't know that I'd put FileMan in the doc_root either. Your best best is to create a subdirectory in your cgi-bin and stick it there. Something like: cgi-bin/fileman/ would be best. You can lock it up with .htaccess/.htpasswd without locking out the rest of your cgi-bin that way.

Regards,
Charlie
Quote Reply
Re: [Chaz] Install only in the cgi-bin? In reply to
Thanks for the advise Chaz, that sounds like a good plan and i will give it a try.

thanks again.