Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

Filemans html editor

Quote Reply
Filemans html editor
Can one insert a picture directly into filemans html editor. If so how would one achieve this objective. SAnswers in very plain step by step format please as I have been up 2 nights already trying to upload Picture.gifs etc until i'm blue in the face!
Quote Reply
Re: [Neilsweb] Filemans html editor In reply to
Hi,

No, you can insert "inline images". You need to:

1. Upload your image to the server using FileMans upload feature.

2. Add the image by clicking on the picture icon, and entering the URL to where you just uploaded the image.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] Filemans html editor In reply to
Hi

im also trying to upload my images which are stored in My Documents. In Fileman, i have the Web directory open and then i click browse, select my image and click upload. then it appears to be uploading but no image ends up on the Web list. where has it gone???? i cant see it in any other directories. ive tried it in auto and ascii format.

i dont understand what you mean about uploading the image to a URL and then entering that URL when selecting an image for the website. where do i select a URL when im uploading (or trying to) the image? ive seen the image icon and the http//... box but i dont understand how my image acquires a URL to start with.

I thought when you designed a website, it uploaded in one piece as you saw it on the screen. I never realised the complications that go with it!

Please help in plain English!

Abi