Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

Fileman Install for Plesk -Working Directions-

Quote Reply
Fileman Install for Plesk -Working Directions-
Hi all, just signed up to add my two cents for two days of work. I run a plesk server and finally got a copy of fileman installed. Sadly, nothing I read had any fix for the "Premature end of script header" problem. This may work on other servers, not sure, but I know it works on Plesk, tried it over and over with no problem.

This is a secure RedHat 7.3 Plesk test server, so I used WinSCP to upload everything. Then used Putty for command line stuff.

1. Upload install.cgi in text/ascii mode

2. Upload install.dat in binary mode

3. pico install.cgi and change the header so it reads:

#!/usr/bin/perl -w

4. I used WinSCP to change the Group to "psacln" and the owner to the site owner. Root ownership for anything will cause it to not work. Appears to be a RedHat/Apache thing, I could be wrong, but thats the jist of it. --This was the important step--

5. chmod 755 install.cgi (command line or WinSCP)

6. www.domain.com/cgi-bin/install.cgi

7. change the image directory to:

/usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/domain.com/httpdocs/fileman/images
(I put them in its own directory as to not mix them up with website images and files) If you dont move them out of the cgi-bin, they won't load.

8. Change the image url to domain.com/fileman/images

For some reason, it wont let you set the root to the root of the domain directory, so I leave it as cgi-bin so it installs.

9. Then I go in through putty and edit the ConfigData.pm root_url and root_dir to:

'root_url' => 'http://www.domain.com',

'root_dir' => '/usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/domain.com',

after that, log in and have fun!

Hope that works for us plesk users, let me know if it works that way for anything else. Enjoy!

Sieb

Last edited by:

sieb: Aug 6, 2002, 12:48 PM
Quote Reply
Re: [sieb] Fileman Install for Plesk -Working Directions- In reply to
>>
#!usr/bin/perl -w
<<

That will need to be #!/usr/bin/perl

>>
4. I used WinSCP to change the Group to "psacln" and the owner to the site owner. Root ownership for anything will cause it to not work. Appears to be a RedHat/Apache thing, I could be wrong, but thats the jist of it. --This was the important step--
<<

It's to do with SuEXEC...files must be owned correctly otherwise you will get an internal server error.
Quote Reply
Re: [Paul] Fileman Install for Plesk -Working Directions- In reply to
Ok, thanks, I fixed the main post.

<<
It's to do with SuEXEC...files must be owned correctly otherwise you will get an internal server error.

Ok, makes sense. I was never fully informed of the SuEXEC stuff. I just looked at some of the working files and found that group name was being used, so I changed it on the install file and it started working. Thanks for the clarification. I had just gotten frustrated by not finding any working documentation in the forums, they all kept saying the same thing over and over. So once I finally got it figured out I posted for future reference. :)

Sieb