Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Others : Fileman :

500 Internal Server Error

Quote Reply
500 Internal Server Error
Unsure I've installed fileman, double checked all of the paths and permissions - however, every time i run fileman.cgi i get a 500 internal server error. if i run it in the shell, it runs fine after i remove "-t", returning proper html code. but, it still returns the error when trying to run it through a browser. i'm using cgiwrap, so i tried the debugging option. it returned the following:

Output of script follows:
=====================================================
Bareword "_debug" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at /u09/jgrayson/public_html/cgi-bin/fileman/private/lib/GT/Base.pm line 65.
Bareword "_debug" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at /u09/jgrayson/public_html/cgi-bin/fileman/private/lib/GT/Base.pm line 77.
Bareword "_debug" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at /u09/jgrayson/public_html/cgi-bin/fileman/private/lib/GT/Base.pm line 87.
Bareword "_debug" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at /u09/jgrayson/public_html/cgi-bin/fileman/private/lib/GT/Base.pm line 87.
Bareword "_debug" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at /u09/jgrayson/public_html/cgi-bin/fileman/private/lib/GT/Base.pm line 145.
Bareword "_debug" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at /u09/jgrayson/public_html/cgi-bin/fileman/private/lib/GT/Base.pm line 145.
Missing $ on loop variable at /u09/jgrayson/public_html/cgi-bin/fileman/private/lib/GT/Base.pm line 170.
BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /u09/jgrayson/public_html/cgi-bin/fileman/fileman.cgi line 15.

i'm not sure what's going on here. any suggestions?

Quote Reply
Re: [soxfan09] 500 Internal Server Error In reply to
Hi,

One known issue is with Mac's. If you are using a mac, and uanrchived fileman.tar.gz, make sure you do not have an option set to use Mac linefeeds.

Also, what version of perl are you using?

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] 500 Internal Server Error In reply to
well, the problem with macs doesn't apply - i unarchived the files under w2k using winace. as for the version of perl - it's perl 5.005_03 built for sun4-solaris

thanks,

matt
Quote Reply
Check the path to perl on fileman.cgi, and make sure it is the same version. You can test this from shell by looking at the first line (i.e #!/usr/bin/perl5) and running /usr/bin/perl5 -v. Make sure it is > 5.004_04.

Cheers,

Alex
--
Gossamer Threads Inc.
Quote Reply
Re: [Alex] 500 Internal Server Error In reply to
well that nails it. in the shell, when you run whereis perl, the version of perl at that path is 5.005_03. but the version of perl that runs under the path required for cgiwrap is only 5.003.
Quote Reply
update: reinstalled and switched the perl path to where unix says it is (ie. the location given by "whereis perl") instead of the path the webmaster says to use. works fine now. thanks for your help.