Gossamer Forum
Home : Products : Links 2.0 : Installation -- Windows :

Error including libraries - How do I fix this?

Quote Reply
Error including libraries - How do I fix this?
I'm on day number six in trying to get Links to work on my NT/IIS server. Needless to say, I need help!

After reading what others have had to do to get Links running on NT, I have now renamed all .cgi files to .pl, and changed all references with all files from .cgi to .pl.

Now at least I am getting some error messages when using Netscape to call up the admin.cgi (changed to admin.pl) file, so maybe this is progress!

Here is what the error message says:

"Error including libraries: Can't locate d:websharewwwrooti-bininksdmin/db.pl in @INC (@INC contains: D:\webshare\wwwroot\cgi-bin\links\admin D:/Perl/lib D:/Perl/site/lib .) at D:\webshare\wwwroot\cgi-bin\links\admin\admin.pl line 28.

Make sure they exist, permissions are set properly, and paths are set correctly."

What do I do next?

------------------
Stephen C. Nill
CharityChannel.com, the online project of American Philanthropy Review

(949) 589-5938

CharityChannel.com
Quote Reply
Re: Error including libraries - How do I fix this? In reply to
After six frustrating days of trying to install Links on my NT/IIS machine, I need to find someone willing to toss me a lifeline. Is anyone who is familiar with configuring NT/PERL/IIS/Links willing to mentor me by phone, or even to visit my site in person? I've done this for folks wanting to install LSOFT's LISTSERV and now find myself needing help from others.

Thanks!

------------------
Stephen C. Nill

(949) 589-5938

CharityChannel.com
Quote Reply
Try using the "full path" to links.cfg in the require line of admin.pl. That might solve your "can't locate db.pl" problem.

I hope this helps.

[This message has been edited by Bobsie (edited June 03, 1999).]
Quote Reply
Thanks for the suggestion. After posting this, I started over from scratch. I discovered (from other postings to this forum) that I had entered the various paths using backward slashes rather than forward slashes. As a result, I am now getting somewhere. Specifically, I now get a frameset when calling up the admin.pl file. (I tried the technique of renaming all files to .pl rather than .cgi.) Problem I now need help with: the frameset comes up, but the pages themselves do not. On Metscape (but not IE), I get the message "Netscape is unable to locate the server [server name]" for each of the three frames -- though the frameset itself, as I said, displays correctly.

Suggestions?

------------------
Stephen C. Nill

(949) 589-5938

CharityChannel.com
Quote Reply
Did you try my suggestion for the admin.pl script of adding the full path to links.cfg?

Also, are the paths in links.cfg itself full paths instead of relative paths (the ones near the top)?

[This message has been edited by Bobsie (edited June 03, 1999).]