Gossamer Forum
Quote Reply
rate.cgi
hello and thank you for this awesome software, it has and continues to serve me well. recently it was brought to my attention that ratings are going nowhere. when you rate a link, it goes thru the process and thanks you for your rating, but when pages a re-built no changes are reflected.

It worked fine in the begining but seems to be stuck in one spot now. the top rated sites hasn't changed and link owners are complaining that people vote for there site but its not showing.

Any thoughts on this is appreciated.

Quote Reply
Re: rate.cgi In reply to
Hi:
I faced this problem long time before. Did you give the permission 777 on the Rate directory? I think if you give the permission and then build all pages, then will works.

Regards,
RSDN

Quote Reply
tried that and still no progress, any other ideas?

Quote Reply
well my rating problems have been solved, moved to a new server and they work just fine.
i would like to reset the ratings num. of hits back to zero for all sites, can anyone say how to do this?

btw...this software was and still is very good, i edit my pages using site_html.pl and its been wonderful. my move to the new server went off quite nicely, no problems at all with the scripts.

best regards,

sawz

Quote Reply
Hello

search in modifications forum : reset.cgi and U have to verify that the number of links.def is the number of your hits field.

ciao

Quote Reply
It should be reset if you re-upload the files in the /admin/data/rates/ folder. I don't know if this will work as i have never had to do this on my site before, but it is worth a try Cool

Andy
webmaster@ace-installer.com
http://www.ace-installer.com